The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology Assistant
SVN No.: SVN2022.67
Organizational Unit: Resource Management Unit
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) of Sub-Office, Lagos and the direct supervision of the Head of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems, hardware peripherals and implementation of ICT requirements for IOM Lagos and Benin sub offices supporting all projects.
- He/ She will respond to daily incoming calls to the IT department, open help desk tickets as appropriate, troubleshoot and correct minor IT issues and route more complex IT issues to the head of ICT Unit, Abuja.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Install approved software systems on servers and workstations according to the set standards.
- Installing new hardware including PC, laptops, servers, printers, and software in any location and periodically performs system clean-up in Lagos and Benin sub-offices.
- Maintaining installed software, ensuring proper updates (including latest antivirus definitions) are applied and making optimizations when necessary.
- Resolve any End User queries and constraints related to software and other ICT components in coordination with the Mission’s ICT Unit, elevating those that cannot be resolved.
- Verify ICT components are carried out within the Organization rules regulations and procedures, while reporting deviations and other constraints faced.
- Raise awareness of mission staff members on IOM ICT regulations and standards.
- Secure the implementation of standard IOM ICT policies and guidelines, with regards to network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms, and ICT procurement.
- Provides first level support to users and trouble-shoot issues related to access, online connection, file storage, and application functionality.
- Provide end-user training both as a technical support person in general and as a trainer for appropriate business process courses when necessary
- Acts as the first point of contact for staff on collection of new hardware and replacement hardware.
- Assist in analysing performance problems of network, systems and applications and recommend solutions to enhance functionality, reliability, and/or usability. Monitor the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WLAN, Messaging, Internet connectivity, VPN, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions
- Identify faulty devices and take necessary action to replace them, maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance; maintain IOM computers, peripherals and network devices and reports hardware malfunctions to the ICT Unit Head.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation and reference materials for planned and delivered ICT systems in the mission and update global user support of planned changes in advance.
- Maintains IT equipment inventory; monitors inventory levels and alert supervisor when low thresholds are reached; identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate Responsible for tracking ICT equipment Procurement Requests, testing of new equipment and reporting to the Mission’s ICT Head.
- Make user data and server backups: the backups should be tested randomly for consistency
- Coordinating with Benin sub-office to ensure maintenance of IT standards and identify IT issues; Diagnoses and resolves any hardware, software, or connectivity problem with minimum delay.
- Undertakes sub-office visits to resolve ICT issues.
- Manage the tele radiology system, file server, PACS server and iCRco_XC software. Making sure that the workstation / server hardware is operating properly, ensuring that hardware components are performing up to the expected standard.
- Manage the PABX and communication systems
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Completed University Degree from an accredited academic institution in Computer science or Computer Engineering.
- Three (3) years (5 years for school diploma holder) of relevant experience in the field of ICT including operational and field experiences.
- Ability to work with an established IT support centre – communication by phone and email.
- A minimum of three years of experience in LAN/WAN networking environment.
- Working knowledge of: Windows Server 2012 (above) software in a multi-site environment., TCP/IP Protocol, Cisco Router Configuration. Windows 10, office 365, VoIP and other IOM approved software as may be required
- Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office), web-based applications, .NET applications, Mobile Applications, PowerApps, SharePoint, SAP HR, and Financials; as applicable for the position.
- Valid and relevant Microsoft, Cisco, and/or ITIL Certifications an advantage
- Experience with HP/Lenovo/Dell and Cisco
- Microsoft Certified, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and any Cloud certification will be an added advantage Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office), webbased applications, .NET applications, Mobile Applications, PowerApps, SharePoint, SAP HR, and Financials, as applicable for the position.
- Valid and relevant Microsoft, Cisco, and/or ITIL Certifications an advantage.
- Experience with HP/Lenovo/Dell and Cisco
- Microsoft Certified, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and any Cloud certification will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2022.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2022.067 Information Technology Assistant, Lagos
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.