Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a leading group specilaised in broadcast and e-commerce payment services is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Innovation, Research and Development (IRD) Lead
Job Type: Full time
- The IRD lead will manage and coordinate innovation, research, product and service development projects within the digital broadcast and payment services platform by focusing on technical feasibility, design optimization, research, pricing and service delivery.
- Throughout opportunity exploration and product/service development, the IRD will generate requirements, conduct data analysis, research and feasibility studies, determine specifications and pricing.
- This role involves the IRD also working effectively with other departments like marketing, operations, engineering, and sales throughout the product or service development process. Together, they will work to develop new product/service design and customer acquisition strategy.
- Conducting market research
- Continuous SWOT/GAP analysis (internal/external)
- Data Analysis
- Analyzing industry trends and developments
- Working with existing customers or target customers to understand their needs better
- using data mining to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns
- Organizing and transforming information into comprehensible structures
- Using data to predict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole
- Performing statistical analysis of data
- Using tools and techniques to visualize data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
- Preparing reports and presenting these to management
- Identifying and recommending new ways to save money by streamlining business processes
- Monitoring data quality and removing corrupt data
- Communicating with stakeholders to understand data content and business requirements
- Using data analysis, learn about customer’s dislikes and likes, and identify key styles/trends by leveraging on buyer’s knowledge.
- Perform similar duties as he deems fit for the proper execution of his duties and duties as assigned by the CEO or COO.
- The IRD proactively plays an analytical role where he is responsible for developing KPIs within the business for the purpose of identifying trends and evaluating the success of the business’s initiatives
- Develop models and adhoc reports, sharing observations and recommendations with management, executives, and stakeholders for further consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for this position
- At least 5-7 years in a data analyst position, preferably working as a Data Analyst in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting.
- Experience working in report creation, modeling, and trend forecasting.
- Strong background in SQL as well as experience performing administrative tasks on servers such as SQL.
- Ability to create, troubleshoot, and enhance the business’s data loadings.
- Clear understanding of key IT business systems, reporting and analytics, general ledger management, and data warehousing.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of reporting tools such as Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, or any similar tools.
- Deep knowledge in research and data analysis, drawing actionable insights form raw data and information to help further the business’s cause.
- Skilled in statistical and econometric modeling, performing quantitative analysis, and technological data mining and analysis techniques.
Application Closing Date