SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inspection Method Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Temporary work contract
Area Activity: Mechanical, HVAC and Electrical Services
Contract duration: 1 year renewable
- We are looking for Inspection Method Engineer to join ourr team of work force here in Nigeria.
- In line with local regulations, general objectives of the subsidiary and Company’s operating procedures, suitable candidate:
- Defines, validates and implements the inspections and the corrosion prevention plans.
- He monitors inspection and corrosion prevention for:
- Topsides, structures and pipelines,
- Safety equipment ( extinguishers, life and escape boats, etc.)
- Lifting equipment ( crane, hoists, etc.);
- Participates in the consolidation of planning schedules for major inspection operations and ensures that these schedules are followed closely
- Ensures that preventive systems (cathodic protection, effectiveness of treatments, quality of measurements, etc) function correctly
- Ensures that inspection-related documents (plans and programs, inspection and intervention reports, CMMS data) are correctly prepared and updated
- Establishes the technical scope of inspection contracts (NDT measurements, scraping with instruments, treatments, etc.) before tenders are invited and later ensures their satisfactory implementation)
- Makes recommendation for anti corrosion chemicals to be used on site, and contributes to their procurement along with Procurement and Contract Dept.
- Analyses the indicators provided by the CMMS and intervention reports in order to improve performance levels of Inspection (HSE, availability, preservation of equipment, optimization of costs) and suggests ways to optimize performance;
- Liaises with the official regulating authorities
- Technically validates all reports addressed by the subsidiary to the regulating authorities
- Ensures the quality of inspection and corrosion prevention operations by regularly organizing audits and reviews
- Handles general reporting on inspection issues within the subsidiary to Clients headquarters.
- Minimum level of experience required is 10 years or more
- In order to achieve his objectives, he may use the following resources:
- Dedicated software’s such as FAME or equivalent,
- Assistance of TDO/ EXP experts,
- Any other external experts if required.
- He has to ensure compliance with subsidiary’s HSE management system.
- Medical Certificate
- English (C-Professional working proficiency)
What Can We Offer You?
Choosing SPIE means giving yourself the possibility:
- To evolve in a Group with an international dimension established on all continents,
- To experience a wide variety of professions within several activities:
- Outdoor networks and public lighting
- Information and communication systems
- Oil and gas
- Climatic engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- To work in energy and the environment, sectors of the future at the heart of sustainable development issues.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online