Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies is Nigeria’s apex Institution for research and advanced studies in law. It was a brainchild of the legal academic community established in March 1979. One of the main ideas in founding the Institute was to establish it as the centre for advanced legal research for all the Nigerian universities.
We are recruiting:
Job Title: Institute Secretary
- Location: Abuja
The Institute Secretary shall be:
- Responsible to the Director General for the day to day administrative work of the institute
- Secretary to the Governing Council and its committees
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Institute
Qualification and Qualities
To qualify for the position of Institute Secretary the candidate must:
- Have obtained a minimum of second class Degree in the Social Sciences or Humanities with at least 15 (Fifteen) years post qualification cognate experience in a University, Research Institute or similar institution; or
- Be a holder of Master’s degree with at least 13 (Thirteen) years post-qualification cognate experience in a University, Research Institute or a similar Institution.
- Possession of a Law degree or Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM), NIM, CIS, CIA, will be added advantage.
The Candidate must possess:
- Adequate leadership experience and qualities;
- A high degree of competence and integrity; and
- An impeccable record of service.
Tenure & Salary
- The tenure of office is for single term of 5 (Five) years.
- The remuneration of the Institute Secretary shall be a consolidated salary, as applicable in the case of a Registrar of a Nigerien Federal University.
Deadline: Apr 2, 2020
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send 10 copies of their typewritten Application, detailed CV, photocopies of their Credentials and in addition, forward 10 sets of 20 Publications as required in the qualifications above to the address below:
The Director – General,
Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies,
Supreme Court Complex,
Three Arms Zone,
Note: Applicants should give names of Three (3) referees; at least Two (2) should be competent to attest to the candidates’s professional/academic standing and character. Candidates should request their referees to send their confidential report direct to the address above.