Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Institutional Capacity Strengthening Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Plan is seeking applicants for an Institutional Capacity Strengthening Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Opportunities to Learn education activity in Nigeria.
- The Opportunities to Learn activity aims to equip out-of-school children and youth in northeast Nigeria with the foundational skills needed to progress to higher levels of education, training and/or engagement in the workforce.
- This position is contingent upon the award of the project by the donor.
- Strengthen and support the role of civil society and community-based organizations to contribute to the delivery of results of the program.
- Facilitate local accountability for management and oversight of non-formal learning centres.
- Support and develop state and local youth-led organizations to successfully support increased utilization of Basic Education services for target populations
- Identify new opportunities from established Data Hubs to shape and inform quality equitable education policies and programs with data, evidence and lessons learned from non-formal education in Nigeria
- Develop a training plan on the locally run education management information system that captures out-of-school children and youth enrolled and mainstreamed
- Support Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council, state and local education authorities to develop appropriate learner assessment and certification standards, tools and processes
- Support the development and implementation of quality assurance policies and tools, to be used by a variety of stakeholders including governmental education bodies, schools, Head Teachers and parents
- This position will work closely with project technical leads to integrate capacity strengthening across all results.
- Externally, they will serve as the primary liaison with key governmental stakeholders for institutional systems strengthening and capacity building.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Education, Special Education, Education, Education Policy and Planning, Educational Administration, International Development or related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of education project implementation experience
- Specific experience in primary education reform, institutional capacity building, policy framework development, and working in crisis-affected environments
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, schools, Head Teachers, and other stakeholders at the national, district, and local levels
- Knowledge of the Nigerian certification processes and basic education standards
- Experience with assessment measurements, including Early Grade Reading Assessments and Early Grade Math Assessments
- Demonstrated expertise in policy mapping
- Ability to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions;
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, education data management and analysis, and data presentation through user-friendly dashboards
- Work experience in Nigeria highly preferred
- Proficient English oral and written communication skills are essential
Application Closing Date
11th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.