SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instrument Technician – M / F
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract Type: Fixed-term-contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 4
Employee Status: Employee
SPIE Oil & Gas Nigeria is currently looking for an Instrument Technician to join its workforce in Nigeria, the main purpose of the job is:
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs electric, electronic and mechanical instruments and systems used to indicate, record, and control generating operations in a gas-powered electric generating turbine
- Ensure conformance with environmental and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities.
- Tests accuracy of flowmeters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, radiation counters or detectors, and other recordings, indicating or controlling instruments to locate defective components in system, using test equipment, such as pressure gauges, mercury manometers, potentiometers, pulse and signal generators, oscilloscopes, transistor curve tracers, and ammeters, voltmeters, and wattmeters.
- Involve in evaluation of instrument performance to identify optimization and enhancement opportunities
- Remove defective instruments from system, decontaminate, disassemble and clean and reassemble instruments, and replace defective parts, using hand tools.
- Lubricate instruments and replace defective wiring and tubing.
- Calibrate readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
- Record calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
- Prepare schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems.
- Instrument Technician for TEPNG Solar Gas Turbine Power Generation
Minimum level of experience required: