Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability
Function: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Sub-Function: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- This internship will support the roll-out of critical initiatives of the Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) Global Function related primarily to livelihoods, nutrition and well-being of people in Olam’s workplaces (e.g. factories, farms) and supply chains (e.g. farming communities).
- The intern will be responsible for supporting project implementation, including collaborating with business units in Asia, Africa and South America to understand and use project implementation tools; carrying out various types of data analyses; supporting field research and assessments; carrying out desk research; and preparing compelling project and research briefs.
- Roll-out of various livelihood and well-being initiatives to priority worksites
- Complete desk research and write briefs that succinctly summarize the content to inform Olam’s sustainability approaches in various settings to improve farmer livelihoods, community health, women’s empowerment, etc.
- Carry out data analysis and develop data insights for projects related to living income/wage, workplace health initiatives, food loss and waste, etc.
- Draft case studies of best practices within Olam and support communications
- These projects are not exhaustive and serve as examples of the initial tasks.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and consolidate into databases
- Support the smooth functioning of the department as needed (e.g. preparing notes, reports, case studies, proposals, articles and website content based on data)
- Native-level fluency in written and spoken English. Working professional proficiency of French desirable.
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid knowledge of statistics and graphing software, such as SPSS, Stata, Tableau etc. considered a plus
- Analytical mindset, ability to anticipate likely challenges and design around them
- A High Degree of initiative, organization and autonomy, given that this internship will be completed remotely
- University Degree in Economics, Agriculture, Public Health, Statistics or other relevant social sciences
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online