Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited is a Company in the Oil & Gas Sector of the economy with international repute. The Company has vast experience in the importation, supply, distribution, and storage of Petroleum Products and is also actively involved in the official export of Crude Oil from Nigeria being one of the twenty-seven Companies approved by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for allocation and export of Nigerian Crude Oil. Presently, amongst other facilities, the Company operates two (2) Ultra-Modern Mega Petroleum Products Storage Terminals with a combined capacity of 96.8 million litres certified and duly licensed by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and an Ultra-Modern Berthing Facility with an International state of the art Fire Fighting and Safety Equipment in the Calabar Free Trade Zone, Cross River State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
- Ensure internal systems and business processes are compliant with all statutory rules and internal policies.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Interface with the business units to ensure controls are fully embedded in the design of all business processes and systems.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document the process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Perform spot checks and periodic audit reviews of the established internal control system to ensure the continuous integrity of the control system and propose value-added recommendations to improve the system.
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow-up audits to monitor Management’s interventions
- Support the engagement of all stakeholders with knowledge sharing/information regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Qualifications / Experience / Key Competencies
- BSc Degree in Accounting or related fields plus ICAN or ACCA.
- Minimum of 4 years experience. (Experience in an Audit firm is a plus).
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2022.