PTK Consulting Limited – Our client, a Construction Company based in Ikoyi, is recruiting a competent candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: Chairman
- To carry out an independent, objective assurance and consulting function, adding value and improving company operations.
- Work in a team to evaluates the adequacy, appropriateness, effectiveness and integrity of internal controls over financial reporting and business operations and proffer recommendations where weaknesses are noted.
- Ensure KYC compliance of all suppliers
- Must ensure that payments made from bank have been reconciled daily and are duly authorized.
- Vet all payment requests for delivered materials prior to requests being sent to management for approval and payment processing
- Vet imprest spending by comparing retirements reports to documents
- Perform spot check counts of random materials kept in the store by comparing actual counts to bin card quantities.
- Pick any section and perform staff counts to ensure members of staff are not being signed in by other workers and timekeeper.
- Obtain timekeepers list and tick off staff you spot
- Perform market surveys of imprest items.
- Perform random spot checks on bulk material deliveries.
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by interviewing staff
- Maintains internal control systems by updating policies and procedures.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report, discussing findings with Head of Internal Audit and management.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
- The ideal candidate must be a qualified Accountant.
- Candidates should have a minimum of eight years audit experience and a problem-solving mentality with the ability to analyse situations and develop innovative solutions.
- Audit, Legal Compliance, Documentation Skills, Attention to Detail, Reporting Research Results, Thoroughness, Presentation Skills, Financial Software, Corporate Finance.
N400,000 – N500,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: email@example.com using “Internal Auditor- Ikoyi” as the subject of the email.