Nestoil is Nigeria’s largest indigenous Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) Company in the Oil and Gas sector and has been a significant contributor to local content in the industry since inception about 30 years ago. With about 2,000 direct employees, Nestoil continues to redefine industry standards in Pipeline Construction, Repairs and Maintenance with associated facilities for Dredging, River Crossing and Shoreline Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
- We are looking to hire an experienced Internal Control Officer to join our diverse team.
- In this role, you will support the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) in ensuring adequacy of controls in order to provide assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting and compliance with applicable laws and regulations with a view to enhancing accountability and sound management practices
As an Internal Control Officer, your responsibilities are outlined below:
- Carry out due diligence and value for money review of all procurements and purchases with reference to pricing, payment, and quality of products in line with set standard.
- Review workflows, process steps and existing policies and procedures to ensure they are adequate and adhered to
- Examine and evaluate the policies, procedures and systems which are in place to ensure: reliability and integrity of information, compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations; safeguarding assets; economical and efficient use of resources; and accomplishment of established objectives and goals for operations or programs
- Maintain assessment procedures and techniques for accredited local and international certifications
- Evaluate and put test controls in place to ensure areas for continued improvement are identified and risks minimized
- Advise on internal control techniques and participate in enhancing internal audit standards and practices
- Collect and analyze data on the internal control issues
- Conduct operational reviews to test the effectiveness and efficiency of internal control procedures/policies
- Carry out regular reviews of business units and report on their performance and efficiency.
- Prepare adequate report on the internal control programs, detailing its effectiveness, including progress of remedial actions and adherence to industry practices
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/Line Manager
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of a First Degree in a Business-related Discipline
- In pursuit of relevant recognized professional certification e.g. ACCA, ICA, ACAMS, CRA, IARCP, CISA
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of the company’s processes, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of business controls and auditing techniques/procedures
- Knowledge of risk management and regulatory guidelines
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Objectivity and attention to details
- Compliance investigation and report writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – written and oral
- Good analytical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Deep operational system and control assessment skills
- Working knowledge of business processes and control analysis
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power point)
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online