HRLeverage delivers excellent spectrum of HR Business Solutions and strategic management support services through a customs built approach for organisations. As a premium professional HR Boutique firm domicile in Africa, with our global pertners, we leverage on technology in providing a on-stop human resources services to various industries in terms of staffing, outsourcing, executive search and recruitment, Hr advisory, HR4SMEs, Expatriate management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control & Risk Management Officer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Reporting: GMD / CEO
Direct Reports: Internal Control Assistants
- The Job role is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising the internal auditing of management, operations, risk management, financial controls as well as compliance to company systems, regulatory, procedures and policies.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed in all units and departments of the organization
- Conduct routine audit of activities in financial control or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues
- Identify areas of financial an administrative strengths and weaknesses;
- Evaluate operations and develop relevant cost saving and process improvements suggestions to assist management and organization goals.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Identify, develop, direct implementation and disseminate written policies and procedures to have a strong sustainable internal control structures and related activities to compliance.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies
- Identify regularly exceptions in processes, policies and procedures of every unit, department and subsidiaries and give regular exception reports to executive management
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes
- Carrying out routine reviews, verifications and checks
- Regularly verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented and communicated
- Review of bank reconciliation and control accounts
- Verification of account and loan processes
- Effectively design and implement remedial strategy issues relating to payment default by customers
Qualification, Skills and Experience Required
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting or related field
- Relevant post-graduation training / qualification (Certification; ACCA / ICAN – ACA)
- Computer literacy with experience in MS Word, Spreadsheet and high proficiency in Excel is essential
- Seven to ten years progressively responsible experience in internal audit, finance, accounting and internal control.
- 5-7 years post-qualification work experience in audit, internal control, risk management and risk management as added advantage in a formal business setting and in supervisory capacity.
- Preferred candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills including presentations.
- Experience of developing and managing Compliance Monitoring Programmes.
- Articulate, effective communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally (lawyers, regulators,auditors) at all levels;
- Proven commercial acumen
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent business letter writing and corporate communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Knowledge of laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, and other requirements governing risk and control aspects of the contracts
- Good Leadership qualities
- Efficient team management skills
- Ability to resolve conflicting situations
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to details with high level of accuracy
- Ability to cope well under pressure.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.