International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Recruitment 2020 for Consultant – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. IITA Recruitment Portal opens for graduate Consultant – Monitoring and Evaluation. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Project ID No.: 2100155036067
- Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Sector: Agriculture
- Job Type: Consultancy Services
- Financing Agreement reference: P- Z1-A00-016
About the Project
- The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is implementing the ENABLE-TAAT Compact, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this grant to facilitate payments under the contracts for the following individual consultants.
- The Consultant will assist with the development and management of baseline, midline, and end line monitoring samples of potential ENABLE-TAAT beneficiary, prepare quarterly and annual program monitoring reports that contains summary data; reviewing overall performance against targets and making overall program recommendations including best practices identified.
- The consultant will conduct trainee evaluation at various stages, including completion of basic training, program placement, ongoing program, program completion, and post-program as well as assist in sample selection and monitoring to test the impact of alternative interventions and track project implementation in relation to the project document.
- Also, the consultant will work with the Business Development Officer (BDO) in providing regular and timely analysis of the start-up agribusiness enterprises and liaise with TAAT M/E officer in verifying data and information on the compact.
- The Consultant should possess B.Sc./ HND in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration and other social science related course with at least four (4) years of relevant job experience from International organizations/NGOs/donors preferably linked to tropical agriculture or International development.
- Familiarity with Nigeria work environment will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Interested and qualified candidates/Consultants must provide comprehensive Curriculum Vitae information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, including a description of similar assignments done and experience in similar conditions. The Expressions of interest should be delivered to:
Attn: Chrysantus Akem; PhD
TAAT Program Coordinator | Program Management Unit
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Headquarters & West Africa Hub
PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001,
Oyo State, Nigeria
- The consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Bank’s October 2015 edition of the Bank’s Procurement Policy framework 1. The assignments shall be for a duration of one year and is expected to start on July 15, 2020.
- International Mailing Address: IITA, Carolyn House, 26 Dingwall Road, Croydon, CR9 3EE, UK Tel: +234 2 7517472 | USA Tel: +1 201 6336094 | Fax: +44 208 7113785 | Mobile No: +234 8169020531 ; Email: [email protected] Skype: (bobesancte)