International Monetary Fund (IMF) Economist Program (EP) 2021. IMF career portal opens for the latest Economist Program EP 2021. Apply.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world.
Applications are invited for:
International Monetary Fund (IMF) Economist Program (EP) 2021
Title: 2021 Economist Program (EP)
Job Number: 2000788
Location: US-Washington, DC
- The IMF is currently accepting applications for its annual Economist Program (EP).
- The EP is a three-year program consisting of two 18-month assignments. It is aimed at talented, recent PhD graduates who are excited by the opportunity to gain operational experience and further develop their macroeconomics expertise, while making a direct and meaningful contribution on a global stage to fostering monetary cooperation, securing financial stability, facilitating international trade, promoting high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reducing poverty.
- Participants in the EP will apply their studies and research to policy work that impacts our 189 member countries and join a team of staff working to address the key global economic challenges. You will travel to countries where you will work closely with country authorities and carry out operational work related to the IMF’s mission. Depending on your assignments, EP participants will gain broad experience in regional and country-specific issues, as well as in fiscal, monetary, balance of payments, debt, or other related issues and contribute to our research and policy analysis agenda.
- In combination with your work assignments, you will be able to participate in a range of training and development activities and will be mentored, guided, and supported by seasoned economists, all with a view of ensuring a satisfying and exciting start to your career at the IMF.
We are seeking between 20 and 30 top economists from around the world who:
- Have recently completed or are expected to complete a PhD within a year (or less) of joining in fields including macroeconomics, finance, public finance, monetary economics, international economics, trade, poverty issues, political economy, econometrics or related areas.
- Possess an excellent academic record.
- Have validated analytical, quantitative, and IT skills.
- Show an interest in, and aptitude for, working in an international organization, and contributing to economic policy issues.
- Be a national of one our member countries.
- Be below age 34 at entry to the program on September 13, 2021.
- Have strong written and oral English skills.
Ideally, you will also be:
- Motivated by making significant contributions to the economic well-being of our members.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of macroeconomics (even if specialized in other areas during graduate school), able to utilize conceptual frameworks to commutate complex ideas, and be comfortable in navigating around the different sectors of an economy and the linkages between these sectors.
- Able to undertake a combination of operational, analytical, and research work.
- Versatile and flexible in learning about different areas while also possessing a strong field of relevant expertise.
- A natural collaborator, motivated by exchanging information and ideas with others to reach common goals and making a substantial contribution to the team’s work.
- Cultural agility and emotional intelligence to engage effectively internally and externally, develop relationships, and build strong networks.
- Willingness to travel (can vary based on assignment but typically one-two missions per 18-month EP rotation)
- Proficient in, or be willing to learn, foreign languages. (Languages other than English are useful but not a requirement.)
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2020.
How to Apply for International Monetary Fund (IMF) Economist Program (EP) 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online