International Organization for Migration (IOM) Recruitment 2020. Apply for the latest IOM recruitment & job vacancy. The International Organization for Migration is an intergovernmental organization that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers. In September 2016, IOM became a related organization of the United Nations.
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Recruitment
National Project Officer (NFI)
SVN No.: SVN2020.70
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Organizational Unit: Non-Food Items & Shelter
IOM Classification: NO-A
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office and direct supervision of Programme Manager (Shelter/NFI), the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out project functions for NFI Unit in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures. In particular, s/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support Shelter / NFI Program Manager and Officer in implementation of NFI projects according to the agreed IOM response strategy and plan which may include project designing, development, monitoring and supervision of NFI program.
- Support IOM’s NFI interventions across North East Nigeria (and beyond, according to project locations) in coordination with Shelter, CCCM, ER and relevant Sub office units throughout the planning, implementation, and monitoring stages of NFI projects
- Provide support to both project development and project implementation and monitor specific aspects of project implementation, identify, and propose actions to expedite the delivery of inputs.
- Monitor financial, administrative, and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Support Shelter / NFI Program Manager and Officer in programmatic and financial aspects of all IOM Nigeria’s NFI projects in its active portfolio, including direct responsibility for supervision of NFI Unit staff and coordination with consultants working in that portfolio.
- Maintain close cooperation with all partners, applying quality control to all aspects of the various projects’ implementation, ensuring timely and accurate donor reporting and maximum donor/partner visibility.
- Maintain liaison with local and state authorities throughout the project implementation cycle, including provision of guidance and status updates in coordination with all units involved in the program
- Provide technical assistance in the formulation of the overall planning for priorities and activities in the relevant area.
- Ensure that logistical arrangements and internal procedures for monitoring and reporting are well understood and implemented
- Ensure that Accountability to Affected Population (AAP), Communication with Communities (CwC), GBV risk mitigation and other cross cutting issues are integrated and followed through in NFI programming
- Ensure and maintain linkage between IOM’s Shelter and NFI programming
- Represent IOM’s NFI unit in relevant Sector and inter-agency meetings as well as the NFI Technical Working Group
- Support the Shelter / NFI Program Manager and Officer to mentor and build the capacities of IOM Nigeria NFI Unit staff in the thematic area as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution or University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in humanitarian field
- Experience with NFI program and Cash-Based Interventions is mandatory
- Experience supervising staff with roles and tasks of a similar nature to this assignment.
- Experience in project management, budgeting, reporting, and record-keeping is desirable
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Interpersonal skill; Communication and negotiation skills; Administrative & Time Management skills; Must have strong analytical, planning and people management skills; Ability to prepare clear and concise report
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Deadline: Nov 13, 2020
How to Apply for International Organization for Migration (IOM) Recruitment
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to: [email protected] indicating the position number on the subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2020.70 National Project Officer NO-A”.