Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Desktop Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Entry level
About the Job
- The Role of the Desktop Officer is to maintain and operate computer systems and/or network.
- The duties are wide-ranging and vary widely from one organization to another.
- The IT Support team is charged with installing, supporting and maintaining desktop computing systems; planning for and responding to service outages and other problems that may arise .
What You’ll Do
- Provide first level technology support and escalate issues to Tier 2 and 3 support when necessary
- Monitor and evaluate data network infrastructure: Switches, routers, data network devices, network links, GSM boosters, PBX, IP telephones and implement changes as required for performance improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate voice network infrastructure: IP PBX, IP Phones, VoIP gateways, E1 lines and implement changes as required for performance improvement
- Interface with 3rd party service providers.
- Provide periodic reporting of IT Support operations.
- Other duties may include: End user education and IT Project implementation
- Update cash fueling data for analysis
- B.Sc in Computer Science / Engineering
- Must possess good understanding of windows based applications and their interaction with the underlying operating system environment
- Must possess good knowledge of windows server operating system and Network Infrastructure, hardware and software trouble shooting skills
- At least 3 years qualitative experience in technology deployment or support
- ITIL, CCNA, MTA/ MCSA MCSE certifications would be an added advantage.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Passion for customer service.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online