Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Specialist
- Location: Lagos
Roles And Responsibilities
- Perform daily health check (performance, CPU Usage, file system space, Memory usage) to ensure that servers are running healthy.
- Perform user administration and restrict system access to authorized personnel’s.
- Responsible for UNIX/Linux Server Administration
- Responsible for Storage Administration
- Responsible for enterprise Spare Part request handling for Technical Changes/RFC operations
- Installation and configuration of UNIX / Linux Systems hardware and software, in line with change and release management procedures.
- Maintain proper security of all UNIX Enterprise Systems as well as backup solutions
- Apply patches as required to keep the servers and systems up to date in coordination with OEM support whilst complying with change management process
- Coordinate with the vendors/service provider for support if needed according to signed maintenance contract.
- Participate in Capacity planning and systems enhancement for related systems.
- Maintain proper backup RPO and RTO based on customer agreement
- Planning, deployment, configuration of Backup infrastructure
- Setup Backup Policies and manage backup and restore operations
- Handle Offsite Backup Tape Management.
- Liaise with other teams for issues related to support or business requirements (server, storage, backup/restore, access etc…)
- Ensuring compliance with License agreements.
- Provide operational report based on agreed SLA
- Close all assigned service desk cases reported for systems issues with in the response and resolution time agreed in the SLA.
- Adherence to the Quality procedures that are agreed to be part of the service management scope.
- Implement Huawei Cloud solutions, Data Migration and Replication Solutions.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solution Deployment and Administration (Commvault/Netbackup Solutions)
- Cloud Platform Support and administration for VMWARE/FusionSphere/Huawei cloud ManageONE ServiceCenter and Operation Center
Education And Experience
- B. Sc. in Computer Engineering or related courses
- 10 Years of experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- UNIX: (SOLARIS/HPUX)
- BACKUP: ,COMMVAULT & NETBACKUP
- Hardware: Huawei Servers/Storages/Switches
- Cloud/Virtualisation : Huawei Cloud(FusionSphere),VMWARE
- OS: Windows, Linux, UNIX