Lekki Freeport Terminal, part of the CMA-CGM Group, is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport, namely Lekki Port.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Specialist CMMS / FLEET / IoT (Local – within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT Projects & Solutions Manager
Indirect reports To: Chief Information Officer
- The overall purpose of the role is to ensure that the integrated terminal system solutions are thoroughly tested and operational within the agreed-upon timeframes while meeting business requirements.
- You will be involved in the implementation, testing, integration, commissioning, and go-live preparations for all automated terminal systems.
- Thorough understanding of the TOS, GOS, VBS, and Yard
- Contribute to the development of strategy, policy, and standards in their areas of expertise.
- Proactively engage with the user community to gather information about the problem and guide the user through diagnostic procedures to determine the root cause of problems.
- Responds to all inquiries about the status of resolving generic IT and specific business application problems, towards providing 24-hour support across the terminal.
- Work with the automation deployment team and end users to support the implementation of the automated products in live terminal operations
- Contribute to solution design, testing, evaluation, and commissioning of terminal automation systems, applications, networks and infrastructure as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to the implementation of projects/tasks within the application’s defined scope, time, and budget.
- Configure, install, and maintain CMMS and VBS, as well as their specific modules and interfaces with other applications.
- Provide daily IT operational support.
- Participate in the implementation of the Application portfolio, including ERP, Customer Experience Portal, and other applications as needed.
- Contribute to the infrastructure implementation within the TOS requirement inputs.
- In collaboration with the maintenance, engineering, and facility management teams, carry out the IT Business Application configurations and specifications for the deployment/commissioning of container terminal specific equipment.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs applications, as well as providing technical support and training to system users.
- Providing practical solutions for mission-critical projects.
- Create and maintain a set of tools to anticipate scenarios and provide accurate information to section heads so that activities can be planned accordingly.
- Assist the Operations team in identifying performance trends that lead to opportunities to predict future improvements and opportunities.
- Advise the planning teams on areas for improvement based on reviewed statistics and other available information.
- Review applications, monitor best practices, and document them across teams.
- Continually assess, identify, and implement changes to improve operations. Looking for alternative planning strategies to increase terminal efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or other related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Certified courses on Terminal Automation and systems will be an advantage.
- At least 7 Years of working experience with 5 years in the related field responsibility to support business critical applications.
- Must have a strong analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Database management software experience with SQL server and Oracle
- Skills in development
- Capability to work with people of different cultures in different time zones
- Strong skills of security measure to implement in application development/setup
- Port terminal experience is a MUST with a solid understanding of the IT environment.
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling and Incident Investigation
- Ability to take on any operational requirements and turn them into business processes.
- Capable of developing and implementing IT test plans, including user training.
- Ability to create documentation and training materials as needed.
- Be able to work as part of a team, especially when meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate with Operations and IT personnel.
- Be able to use initiative and act independently or as part of a larger team, as well as prioritize workload to meet supervisor’s requirements.
- Have knowledge of application customization, database design, and system design.
- Have the confidence to suggest areas for improvement as well as potential solutions.
- Able to work under certain pressure circumstances.
- Demonstrated practical experience with TOS, Gate, and Yard systems.
- Producing detailed requirements and functional specifications for complex business requirements.
- Have demonstrable experience with application support, to be able to troubleshoot a wide variety of business application issues, and the ability to manage several activities simultaneously, often with stringent deadlines.
- Comply with the Health and Safety Policy and safe working practices, ensure responsibility for safety and discipline in the workplace.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online