Norrenberger is a leading, independent financial services group that provides bespoke financial solutions that add value to our individual and institutional clients. Our component companies are licensed and regulated either by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) or the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) to provide Investment Banking, Fund Management, Financial Advisory and Securities Trading services to our discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Java (Backend) Developer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- The backend developer will work alongside frontend developers and UX specialists to create comprehensive digital solutions for business needs.
- He/She will also be responsible for maintaining and testing existing backend elements to ensure they’re as fast and efficient as possible, as well as compiling and analyzing data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Deploying software tools, processes, and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and system
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Ensure all new software functions smoothly across various programs and platforms, including Microsoft and Apple products and mobile systems.
- Optimize new and existing programs for mobile use, including Apple, Android and Windows smartphones and tablets.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
Education & Professional Experience
- Minimum of Second Class Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or a related field
- 4 – 10 years relevant work experience.
- Fluent in Java scripting languages
- Experience with Ruby, Laravel, Django or Express frameworks
- Experience with SQL, MySLQ and Oracle database systems
- Experience with version control, such as Git, CVS or SVN
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST web services
- Knowhow of Java concurrency patterns
- Relevant Knowledge of Java GUI frameworks like Swing, SWT, AWT according to project requirements
- Understanding basic design principles behind a scalable application
- Skilled at creating database schemas that characterize and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- JavaServer pages (JSP) and servlets
- Service-oriented architecture
- Markup Languages such as XML, JSON
Skills & Abilities:
- Good problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Good analytical thinking
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Java (Backend) Developer” as the subject of the mail.