Apply for ongoing and latest job recruitment at National Democratic Institute (NDI) via the official NDI job portal this December 2020 / 2021.
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Recruitment at National Democratic Institute (NDI)
Job Title: Program Assistant- Monitoring and Evaluation / Program Coordination
Employment Type: Full-time
- NDI Nigeria seeks to hire a Program Assistant – Monitoring and Evaluation who will assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Team in the Abuja office.
- The program assistant will support the monitoring and evaluation team in the day-to-day activities and in the planning, designing and implementation of all NDI Nigeria programs. This position is available immediately.
- Under close supervision, maintain the program’s logical framework up to date with staff input;
- Draft sections of internal and external program reports, activity reports, documentcase studies, lessons learned, and success stories.
- Under close supervision contributes to writing and reporting of various documents specific to the NDI Nigeria program
- Assist in the development and management of performancemonitoringplans, including performance indicators, in cooperation with supervisor and other senior staff;
- Assist in the collection of qualitative and quantitative data using various methods (surveys, semi-structured interviews, focus groups, direct observation, or participatory methods);
- Design data collection tools and protocols and train staff and other relevant program stakeholders to contribute to the collection of quality data;
- Assist to develop and maintain a data management system;
- Compile and analyze qualitative and/or quantitative program data, including visual representations of data;
- Assist in organizing participatory sessions to assist program staff in identifying and highlighting achievements of program objectives and outcomes; and
- Under close supervision provides administrative and logistics support
- Provides administrative support for work plan formulation; takes part in work plan discussion.
- Assisting in the preparation for a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) by external evaluators.
- Attends program coordination meeting and keeps up to date on latest information on partners
- Participates in program support and conducts research on programs
- Perform other tasks assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in International Relations, Political Science or a related field; graduate degree preferred.
- 2 – 5 years experience.
- Demonstrated coursework and/or internships in international development, community organizing, political campaigning, organizational development, legislative affairs or related subject.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel and NGO community.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Working knowledge of computer software programmes including Ms Office, SPSS/MaxQDA etc.
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations, which are often remote and difficult to reach.
- Interest in and knowledge of regional political environment and people.
- Ability to effectively articulate NDI mission statements and program/project initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications; experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.)
- The program assistant works with NDI’s Abuja and Washington-based regional staff.
- This position reports to the Senior M&E/Program Coordination Officer with NDI’s Deputy Country Director, Programs providing overall program guidance.
- Salary is commensurate with NDI Nigeria salary scale.
- Benefits and a housing allowance are provided.
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2021.
Method of Application for National Democratic Institute (NDI) Jobs
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover letter and a CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.