The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Logistics Assistant (Procurement & Logistics)
Organizational Unit: Supply Chain
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the general supervision of Procurement & Logistics Officer in Abuja, the incumbent will assist procurement and logistics related activities in Abuja. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Prepare Purchase Request for the office common service needs as required and seek WBS from the RMO
- Assist in preparing Request for Payment, ensure proper supporting documents from Purchase Request to Goods Receiving Note are attached, submit it to Finance Department for further processing
- Carry out weekly general check of Logistics storages, ensure the storages are clean, dry and tidy, and all the goods and supplies stored inside are in good condition. Report any issue and damage to the supervisor.
- Ensure all the Logistics storages are properly locked at the end of office hours and safeguard the keys properly
- Conduct quarterly count/inventory of the office supplies, stationaries, cartridge/toner and cleaning supplies; raise Purchase Request when the stock balance falls below the minimum re-order level and regularly update the online stock inventory system. The balance on the online records should corresponding with the quantities of products in the store
- Maintain the stock level of the office drinking water and place weekly order to the supplier as required
- Maintain the stock inventory by recording the in and out record of the office supplies, drinking water, stationaries, IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates. Page 2 / 3 cartridge/toner and cleaning supplies
- Assist in coordinating loading/offloading activities and office maintenance works and prepare gate pass for releasing goods from the office premise
- Receive delivery of goods from vendors and sign the Good Receiving Note
- Assist in daily monitoring the electricity meter reading, generators’ diesel and water tanks supply level.
- Perform other related duties as may be required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Degree from an accredited academic institution in Supply Chain, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain. Or Diploma in the above fields with 1 year of relevant working experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using “SVN2022.159 Abuja, Nigeria. Junior Logistics Assistant (Procurement & Logistics) SST” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.
- “IOM does not charge a fee or hire agents at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, training, visa or other fees).
- IOM is hiring candidates only through its Human Resources Unit”