International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Project Assistant (Outreach and Reconciliation)
SVN No.: SVN2022.106
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Demobilization, Disassociation, Reintegration and Reconciliation (DDRR)
IOM Classification: Ungraded (G3 Equivalent)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the S2R Senior Project Coordinator and under direct supervision of ICRS Programme Officer, the successful candidate will be supporting the implementation, and monitoring of outreach and reconciliation field activities and provide assistance to the program beneficiaries.
- Undertake outreach field visits and coordinate rapid response interventions to ensure timely implementation of the Projects activities as well as support the implementation of the Reconciliation and peacebuilding component of the DDRR programme.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support in the implementation of the outreach and reconciliation activities including beneficiary profiling and data entry as well as work efficiently with Social Cohesion Platform members and the other relevant partners to implement as necessary.
- Support the establishment, reshuffling of Social Cohesion Platforms and monitor outreach and reconciliation activities carried out by the platform members across BAY states.
- Conduct sensitization to prepare community for beneficiaries’ reintegration, acceptance and co-ordinate rapid response interventions to ensure mitigating rejection and stigma.
- Conduct Family tracing and support beneficiaries and family reunification and follow-up to ensure beneficiaries wellbeing are met.
- Support the ICRS Programme Officer and Senior Program Assistant (RR) in monitoring the activities of implementing partners particularly IPs implementing social impacts projects and provide regular updates.
- Conduct Service Providers Mapping Exercise and identify local partners for possible cooperation in assisting the target population.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein and/or assigned by ICRS Programme Officer or Snr Program Assistant (RR).
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ Humanitarian Experience in Income-Generating Projects, Business Development, Community Economic Development, Conflict Resolution, Community Participation, and/or Psychosocial Projects.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives;
- Effectively applies knowledge of DDRR issues within organizational context;
- Delivers on set objectives in strict deadlines;
- Has knowledge of administrative and procedural aspects of reintegration and reconciliation.
- Required: Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Desirable: Fluency in multiple native language
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads and tight timelines.
- Willing to accept a flexible work schedule.
- Attentive to details and accuracy in handling and reporting data.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and can travel extensively and work extended hours.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating the Position applied on the subject line.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- IOnly shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
- Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date.
- No late applications will be accepted.