SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Project Manager
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Volunteer for International Experience – VIE
- SPIE Services Nigeria Limited is currently looking for a Junior Project Manager. The Junior Project Manager supports the teams and equipment resources required to ensure the cost-effective implementation of a service contract.
- He assists the Project Manager in ensuring the contract’s cost-effectiveness in accordance with the strategic decisions.
- Comply with and ensure compliance with QHSE rules, instructions and procedures in force at SPIE OGS.
- Ensure the achievement of QHSE results and proper application of HSE policy at the subsidiary.
- Ensure contract cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure that contract aims defined with the customer and its line management are achieved.
Activity 1: Comply with and ensure compliance with QHSE rules, instructions and procedures in force at SPIE OGS.
He or she:
- Must be and must remain well informed of rules, instructions and procedures regarding QHSE.
- Implements and ensures implementation of SPIE OGS QHSE rules, instructions and procedures.
- Makes proposals for the continuous improvement of QHSE provisions.
- Draws up noncompliance and/or observation reports when noting any malfunction or risk situation and transmits them to the local QHSE department.
- Immediately alerts any person who caused a risk situation, on noting the occurrence of any such situation.
- Adopts an eco-approach at all times in the exercise of his/her duties.
- Alerts the line management when encountering any professional situation that does not comply with the principles and rules governing the carrying out of SPIE Group activities (Ethics Alert).
Activity 2: Assist in Managing the human and equipment resources required to perform contracts.
He or she:
- Checks logistics organisation in collaboration with the logistics team.
- Co-ordinates personnel administration (rotations, clearances, training, etc.).
- Makes forward plans for personnel movements, mobilisations and means.
Activity 3: Assist in ensuring contract cost-effectiveness.
He or she:
- Checks and monitors the progress of expenditures.
- Manages contract risks and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the contract clauses between the parties.
- Formalizes and transmits internal feedback.
Activity 4: Assist in ensuring that contract aims defined with the customer and its line management are achieved.
He or she:
- Takes care of internal communication on performance.
- Recovers information from Project Manager and support functions, and then draws up periodic and specific activity reports (HSE, personnel movements, reliability, etc.).
- Set up the necessary corrective actions to achieve specified objectives, in collaboration with the relevant teams.
- Makes sure that local actions are in line with corporate objectives
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Engineering or Master’s Degree
- Basic technical training
- Knowledge in the maintenance/ engineering field
- General knowledge of the equipment, methods and processes used in the oil industry
- Contract management skills
- Occupational English
- HSE culture
Minimum level of experience required:
- 3 years or more
- Experience in oil production / engineering
- Maintenance project control or similar
- Development of technical solutions in operational context
- Risk analysis
- Priorities management
- Ability to analyse
- Ability to think objectively
- Ability to listen and actively communicate
- Good sense of initiative and anticipation
- Understanding of strategic stakes
- Focus on cost control and cost-effectiveness
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online