Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited is wholly-owned subsidiary invested by Sinoma Cargo in Nigeria, founded in June 2016, located in Nigeria, Lagos. Sinoma Cargo is the first branch set up in West Africa in the process of implementing globalization strategy.
Currently, Sinoma Cargo has obtained the clearance qualification and provides overseas warehousing and distribution services, equipped with 40 normal trailers and 10 tow-beds, Sinoma Cargo Nigeria can deliver general cargoes, heavy lifts, over-sized goods and self-owned custom house broker has been set up as well. There are 12 Chinese employees and 100 native employees at present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Kalmar Operator
- Location: Lagos
- We are seeking for a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Kalmar Operator who is specialized in the movement and places large and heavy materials vertically and horizontally, who also has work with materials such as beams, trusses, excavated earth and shipping containers.
- Operate a variety of material-moving equipment daily according to schedule and instructions from project manager, choosing and setting up the right positions for the Kalmar machine, lift or hoist to complete each task safely and efficiently
- Inspect machines and equipment daily, perform routine maintenance procedures and minor repairs as required and initiate additional repair requests from mechanics when necessary
- Control cranes, lifts and other equipment using standard operating procedures to ensure effective transportation of materials and safety for all personnel on site
- Create and update detailed log of material transportation operations, including information about type of material, movement locations and additional data requested by project manager
- Listen to site manager’s plan prior to start of every shift, and complete all required tasks accurately and within assigned deadlines with limited supervision
- Maintain visual and radio contact with ground operators according to best practices and site safety regulations, and respond to questions and instructions clearly and quickly
- Provide additional support to other crane operators as necessary, including working overtime to complete tasks, operating several types of equipment and training or monitoring junior operators
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in crane operation
- Experience working with lift trucks, overhead cranes and Kalmar Machines
- Commercial driver’s license
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary
- Excellent coordination, focus and dedication to following safety protocols
- Professional Kalmar operator certification
- Applicant must reside within Epe and Itokin axis
- Normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as subject of the email.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2020.