Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express etc.
We are currently looking for a talented person with a passion for Ecommerce, Logistics and Supply Chain to join our team and run the Logistics arm of Konga business in the capacity below:
Job Title: Head of Konga Logistics
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Type: Full Time
- Job Category: Senior Officer Level
- Reports to: CEO
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for running the Logistics arm of Konga, developing and growing the Courier unit of Konga Express. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth knowledge and experience in Logistics/Courier Services, Supply Chain/Warehouse Management, Project Management, but to mention a few.
GET HIRED: Bolt Nigeria Job Recruitment
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop and grow the Courier unit of Konga Express (major)
- Oversee the entire Kxpress business unit and its staff
- Maintain and grow all existing business relationships
- Strategically plan and manage the logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services of the Kxpress business unit
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timely targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Analyzing data to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements
- Ensure compliance with regulatory laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Strategically plan and improve on routes and shipment processes.
- Strategically manage the Kxpress budgets and ensure optimal utilization
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- A good first degree in Business Management, Logistics Management, Supply Chain/Warehouse Management, Marketing or any related discipline. A Master’s Degree in Business/Project Management, Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant Supply Chain, Project & Logistics Management bodies and attendant qualifications will also be an added advantage e.g. CSCP, CISCM, CILSCM, CIPSMN, PMP, etc.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Expert knowledge in Inventory Control Management and Supply Chain software applications
- Knowledge in Database management software – information management tool, such as Microsoft Access, PowerBI, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Business Management principles & practices
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Supply Chain Management
- Excellent grammatical construct and control skills
- Problem-solving & Analytical skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and people management skills
- Planning & Organizational skills
Why Work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast-growing businesses.
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by forwarding their updated CV to: [email protected] & copy [email protected] using “Head of Konga Logistics” as the subject of the mail on or before the deadline date.
Note: All CV’s should be in word doc and/or pdf format.