International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (Micro)
Ref No: 30023476
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Job Type: Full time
- An opportunity exists for a highly skilled and result driven Laboratory Technician – Micro in our Plant located in South-East Nigeria reporting to the Brewery Microbiologist & Food Safety Specialist.
- The successful incumbent would carry out sampling, sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process samples, and packaged product.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Laboratory Technician – Micro will:
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Prepare samples and conduct sample analyses
- Request for chemicals /reagents and other working tools from Specialists
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated according to manualized methods.
- Carry out specialized and highly specialized quality analyses for which the shift-based teams are not responsible.
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required.
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously.
- Assist the shift-based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required.
- Conduct calibration of specialist equipment for which the labs are responsible and provide calibration assistance.
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Biological Sciences / Microbiology or related field
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Laboratory Technician
- Good knowledge of micro laboratory systems, processes, and analyses
- Experience in the application of problem-solving techniques and statistics.
- Good understanding of HACCP, GMP standards and CIP requirements, PC literacy Good allround knowledge of AB InBev manufacturing processes and philosophies
- Proven knowledge and experience in integrating and facilitating a multidisciplinary group of skills, specialists, and functions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good auditing skills Information systems knowledge.
- Analytical ability.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Problem Solving ability to work in team.
Application Closing Date
30th October 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.