Landmark University Recruitment: Landmark University is a Private Christian University, affiliated with Living Faith Church Worldwide and located in Omu-Aran Kwara State, Nigeria. In 2014 it is featured among the top five universities in Nigeria by Webometrics. Landmark University also holds in high esteem her core value Spirituality among other six.
We are recruiting:
Job Title: Director, Financial Services
Department: Financial Services
Required Referees: 3
- The Director of Financial Services (DES) oversees the day-to-day administration and control of all financial affairs of Landmark University, Including, but not limited to, budgeting, expenditures, Investments and risks management.
- This DFS, known In other climes as the University Bursar, is a Principal Officer of the University.
Roles and Responsibilities
More broadly, the Director of Financial Services is responsible for the following:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Financial
- Services Directorate In alignment with the vision and departure philosophy of the University.
- Subject to the relevant approvals, recommend and implement fiscal/ policies and procedures to drive institutional objectives in line with global best practices.
- Oversee the management of the Finance IT systems of the University
- Oversee all audit and Internal control operations of the University
- Prepare and provide financial and non-financial information to the University management for decision-making purposes.
- Monitor the financial planning and performance management systems of the University, and providing expert financial reports and risk management analysis to further the University’s strategic objectives.
- Responsible for directing financial planning, strategy and execution.
- Analyse complex financial data and periodically report on the University’s financial performance and risks.
- Assess, manage, and maximize Investments returns and minimize risks.
- Prepare the annual budget for the University, with Inputs from relevant units of the University, and monitor the budget performance.
- Monitor and ensure the University’s compliance with relevant financial legislations and policies.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualifications in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Economics, Business Management, or any Finance-related field. Any addional degree is an added advantage.
- Expert skills in auding techniques, accounting and management principles.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles based on the International Financial Reporting.
- Standards (IFRS), as well as a provable understanding of forensic accounting techniques.
- Experienced in the use of Accounting Software such as Sage, Business Cloud Accounting, Microsoft Dynamic GP, Oracle Financials Cloud etc. Experienced in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, like Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle NetSuite ERP, SAP ERP, etc.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access for financial data and audit management analysis.
- Adept in the use of other modern ICT tools for the administration and management of audit activities.
- Must be a registered member of any of the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN),
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Fellowship of any of the professional accounting bodies above will be an advantage.
- Interested candidate must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience in a senior management role, in addition to at least five (5) years of experience in a finance department or the financial sector.
- Experience within the tertiary education domain is an added advantage.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity transparency on matters of financial administration and management, without prior indictments of financial improprieties
- Team player who can work under limited supervision and capable of self-direction
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and confidentiality
- Ability to work towards meeting deadlines, prioritize tasks and achieve results promptly.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to details and demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to align wholly with the Vision of the University and abide by her Core Values and ethos as contained in the staff handbook and conditions of service.
- Interested applicants must not be more than 45 years old at the time of application.
Deadline: July 30, 2020
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit the following; Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae and a Vision statement that includes proposed Innovations that would be brought on board, if appointed.
Among others, the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae should give the following details:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Gender and Marital Status
- Name and Ages of Children (lf any)
- Religion and Place of Worship
- State and LGA of origin
- Contact Information including- Permanent
- Contact Address, Email Address, Phone Number,
- Educational Background/ Membership of Professional Associations/Relevant Certifications
- Work Experience including details of former and present posts indicating career progression
- Other activities outside current employment
- Proposed date of availability for duties if appointed
- The names and addresses of three referees
- Candidates should request their referees to send references on their behalf directly to the Registrar, via the following email address: [email protected]
The submission of the electronic copies (.docx or .pdf) should be sent as an attachment to: [email protected] the subject line should read, e.g. “Application for the Post of Director, Physical Planning and Development”.