Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Benefits and Payroll Management
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To plan and Implement a timely and accurate in-house Payroll System in line with the Payroll Strategy and manage employees compensation and benefits to ensure continued competitiveness and internal parity.
- Wholly own and manage the payroll process, providing functional support, data entry, training, troubleshooting and required guidance
Formulate and Implement the Operations’ Payroll Strategy in line with policies and procedures
- Prompt advice of payroll inputs to Payroll Service provider.
- Review of payroll service provider payroll files for accuracy.
- Accurate and on-time payment of employees’ salaries and other on-roll payouts.
- Provide support in the maintenance and revision of payroll system, policies, procedures and short-and long-range planning.
- Analyze and interpret payroll operations and policies to staff and the company in general
- Ensure payroll balancing and systems integrity.
- Provide timely and accurate information for payroll audits, while ensuring confidentiality of payroll information.
Ensure effective staff salary cost allocation and reporting:
- Calculate, allocate and maintain employee staff costs in line with approved Cost codes.
- Accurate management reporting on employee salary costs for trends analysis and budgeting.
Reporting & MIS:
- Flash & Forecast Monthly reporting to Finance.
- Payroll Analytical reporting.
- Maintain and develop custom reports exclusively from the HRMS/automated tool to meet management reporting requirements.
- Monthly HC report to Finance.
- Ad Hoc reports whenever required.
Payroll data processing:
- Quarterly SIP validation.
- Annual Increment, Mid-Year increment data validation & process compliance.
Effective implementation of the Sales Incentive Plan:
- Provide analytical & technical support for the delivery of the company’s Sales Incentive programs.
- Ensure prompt and accurate payment of SIP.
- Responsible for management of employee benefits such as airtime and data allocation, medical administration, celebratory voucher issuance and staff mobile handset issuance.
Effective Relationship Management with relevant statutory organizations:
- Effective relationship management with statutory organizations such as Pension Fund Administrators, Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria and Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund.
HR process & system implementation:
- HR data input based on timelines in SLA document.
- Improve utilisation of key automation tools.
- Identifies HRIS/automation training needs of end users and provides such learning interventions on a regular basis.
- Provide guidance and support to employees on relevant HRMS and automations queries.
- Ensure audit flags are minimized or non-existent.
Skills & Knowledge
- First Degree in Human Resources / Behavioral Sciences
- A professional qualification of CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM is desirable
- 3-5 years’ experience in HR Operations, with at least 2 years in payroll process review and management
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Very good understanding of state and federal tax legislations
- Prior Compensation Market Pricing and Salary Survey Completion experience
- Ability to handle high levels of responsibility, self-directed, with strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to use logic to solve difficult problems quickly by separating relevant and irrelevant information; establishes facts, obtains all pertinent information before making decisions and bases decisions on concrete evidence
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with various levels of management
- Analytical skills.
Application Closing Date