Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Materials Management
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for assure the end-to-end establishment of materials requirements, demand management, planning, inventory management, organizing, storage, preservation, issue, replenishment, returns, refurbishment, and care of materials throughout their life, and includes end-of-life materials disposal and investment recovery.
- Responsible to ensure an HSE Management system is in place for warehouse and yard operations activities, with appropriate risk management measures in place and effective.
- Contribute as a member of the Materials Management Leadership team, and deputize for the Manager, Materials Management & Logistics as required.
- Drive integrated materials planning agenda with Business Partners, Procurement peers, and Suppliers to ensure that the flow through of materials aligns with demand, consumption patterns, and the replenishment order cycle (MRP).
- Oversee warehouse and yard (supply base) operations including storage, inspection, goods marshaling, preservation, and materials maintenance, and monitor the implementation of a Warehouse and Yard Operations HSE Plan.
- Implement and maintain a suite of materials management processes and procedures, including those that integrate materials management activities with operations and projects.
- Operationally and commercially manage company non-hydrocarbon materials inventory to establish a lean inventory footprint and working capital outlay, while assuring materials availability for effective and efficient business activities.
- Contribute to, and execute contracting strategies and contract implementation to build and support the assets and services of Materials Management.
- Participate in maintenance and turnaround planning and preparation meetings and activities.
- Prepare detailed standard (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual) and ad hoc reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and adjustments to track materials availability, especially for critical materials, and financial performance (inventory value and carrying cost reduction).
- Maintain a materials catalog through coding, standardization, and variety control to rationalize inventory and generate commercial leverage.
- Oversee end-to-end materials inventory to meet business needs at an optimum level of working capital, and in line with competitive benchmarks, including investment recovery.
- Lead the implementation of methodologies to achieve lean and agile materials management processes, especially 5S.
- Implement appropriate technologies (hardware and software) for materials management, including, but not limited to: materials carousels for small items; electronic materials catalogue; Electronic Spare Parts Interchangeability Records (e-SPIR); materials ‘Track-and-Trace’; RFiD; and Barcoding.
- Deploy robust controls to protect materials inventory investment and manage risk, and assure materials certification and integrity.
- Contribute to the budget for materials management, including the routine maintenance of physical facilities and the acquisition of new assets and technology.
- Participate in Corporate Emergency Response, and exercise any ad hoc crisis management roles as may be required.
- Exercise effective Team Leadership, including supervising, coaching and developing materials management staff.
Job Context and Challenges:
- Significant HSE risk exposure to manage
- Balancing the demand for materials availability, with the imperative for cost-efficiency
- Manage product stewardship, including end-of-life materials with liability potential
- Failure to manage the materials supply chain can cause high costs in lost production, increasing costs, project delays, and build-up of obsolete materials
- Round-the-clock operational exposure to support operations and projects, including during emergencies and crises.
Qualifications and Experience
- An SCM professional with sound operational skills and at least 12 years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry covering a mixture of technical and contracts engineering disciplines, plus a preference for membership in a professional institution, e.g. CILT, CIPS.
- Degree qualified, preferably in Engineering or Operations Research/ Management.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Extensive practical experience in materials management.
- Able to model and implement inventory optimisation strategies and techniques
- Able to analyse stocking levels and execute stocking strategies to optimize inventory levels including how to identify obsolete and/or surplus materials
- Good team player
- Knowledge of QHSE management systems
- Problem-solving skills, with an adaptive and responsive mindset to meet operational requirements
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Without this position, materials integrity and flow to enable safe efficient, and cost-effective production, maintenance, and projects will be compromised, impacting production, asset integrity, and delivery of new wells and projects.