Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Mobile Financial Services & Digital
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
- Technical Lead, Mobile Financial Services (MFS) is a solution architecture/project management role responsible for delivery and support of applications, tools, and utilities to support the Airtel MFS operation and commercial initiatives.
- Individual would be responsible for end-to-end technical oversight of Airtel MFS platforms, i.e., responsible for delivery, integration, maintaining uptime, enhancements as per Business requirements, and Support of Airtel MFS Applications in a managed service environment.
- Interpret URS (User Requirement Specification) / PCN (Product Concept Note) and develop CSRs (Customer Service Requests)
- Manage and Deliver New products and projects, following strict project management guidelines.
- Provide overall project leadership and direct project teams in the delivery of high-quality products within committed timeframes.
- Constitute cross-functional project teams.
- Drive requirement specification sessions (RSS)
- Should have worked in multi-vendor networks and have good knowledge of different standards.
- Understanding of IT systems and Applications like Mobile Money/E-commerce platforms, Billing, CRM, ERP, Sales Systems etc.
- Scan technology horizon and track emerging standards and trends.
- Adopt future proof technology.
- Uptime of application and services: Ensure uptime of Applications and Services as per agreed SLAs with the Partners.
- Alignment of systems to business strategy & delivery of services and resolution of issues.
- Continuously engage with business & technology departments to understand the issues, requirements and engage with the Partners for proper resolution and delivery of services as per agreed time and SLAs.
- Ensure integration of various solutions with IT & Network Echo Systems to ensure the proper management of customer
- Work in close co-ordination with network team for selecting and implementing end to end customer lifecycle solutions for specific products.
- Responsible for the solution architecture and ensuring that the standard framework is always applicable.
- Develop and execute a solution strategy and business plan that supports product growth.
- Design and develop new systems that would support products and services for multiple market segments, across the entire spectrum of customers.
- Ensure prompt response to Group request on product development activities.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc in Computer Science or related discipline
- Project management certification would be an advantage
- 8 to 10 years of IT experience
- At Least 4-5 years system operations experience
- At Least 3-4 years system Solution architecture experience is required.
- Experience working in a Financial Technology environment with necessary experience and knowledge working on financial platforms.
- Experience working for a Telecommunications company, enterprise company or billing/ CRM vendor in a business analysis role.
- Proven ability to analyze complex business requirements and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Direct team management experience.
- Experience with telecommunication products, processes, and markets
- Impact (and relative importance) of IT in telecoms today and in the future
- Experience in core banking implementation and Integration would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.