Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful
- If you are an experienced lead, People & Culture Projects & Planning professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
- Reporting to the Chief People & Culture Officer; the Lead, People & Culture Projects & Planning will serve the Chief People & Culture Officer and People & Culture leadership team overall coordination, effectiveness and execution follow through of People & Culture strategic projects and initiatives.
- The role coordinates the P&C strategic alignment, planning, coordination, performance (against strategic KPIs) monitoring, processes management and reporting.
- The Lead, People & Culture Projects & Planning will be required to effectively coordinate and work collaboratively across People and Culture team and other foundation teams to overall strategic projects that include People and Culture projects.
- The successful candidate will be based in any of our listed offices in Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal)
Ways You Can Contribute
- Partner with the CPCO and P&C LT to support the development of P&C strategic plan.
- Coordinate the P&C Leadership team to align, support and track the P&C overall Strategic plan in alignment with the approved foundation strategy P&C reporting required by Chief People and Culture Officer.
- Support CoE’s with resource planning for the future to ensure alignment with P&C growth.
- Provide support to CPCP on operationalization efforts in delivery of the P&C Plan and advice on prioritization from time to time.
- Work with P&C Leadership and other functions to prioritize P&C enterprise projects and track achievements.
- Ensure completion of deliverables as per approved P&C Workplan.
- Lead the execution of P&C norms and routines, coordination and ways of working including P&C Leadership meetings, P&C retreat etc.
- Translating regional plans into tangible workplan(s) including the identification of resourcing requirements to support delivery.
- Lead the execution of routines and coordination of governance and ways of working including, committee meetings, workshops and other regional convenings.
- Lead cross P&C collaboration & integration – linking activities across P&C Functions programs.
- Coordinate P&C internal communications as guided by the Chief People and Culture Officer from time to time.
- Work with CP&CO and P&C Leadership team to prioritize projects in line with P&C functional and enterprise strategy.
- Act as the Project Lead for ‘special’ or ‘critical’ P&C functional projects as assigned by the CPCO; lead workstreams balancing scope, time, cost, and quality of the projects.
- In coordination with P&C Leadership and other internal stakeholders, develop and embed project management processes and routines within P&C.
- Actively engage stakeholders to ensure projects are on track and provide problem-solving support as needed.
- Ensure completion of deliverables and effectively closing out projects through transition documentation and lessons learned.
- Review and as needed, develop detailed workflows to support process (re)design, and/or improve existing processes, partnering with relevant COEs and in collaboration with HR Operations. This will include performance reporting (manage coordination amongst other staff).
- Develop and document workflows, tools, and accountability frameworks (RACI/RAPID) as required in the Office of the CPCO coordinating information in relevant knowledge.
- Lead in collaboration with COEs, roll out of P&C programmes ensuring quality assurance and effectiveness initiatives as guided ensuring peer buy in and opportunity for cross collaboration in P&C and other functions.
Who You Are
- University Degree, preferably in Business Administration or a related field; Master’s Degree is an asset.
- PMI certification is an asset
- Ten (10) years of experience in HR strategy planning and implementation including complex HR projects at regional or global level.
- Mid-Level senior management experience and/or performance planning.
- Experience in leading and managing complex projects within HR functions in multiple countries.
- Demonstrated experience applying strategy, planning and PMO methodologies for planning, risk management and reporting.
- Experience synthesizing and analyzing information.
- Proven leadership, analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and possess the flexibility to co-create with dynamic, cross-functional teams to deliver integrated solutions.
- Focus on execution and attention to detail.
- Project management acumen.
- HR Generalist knowledge or specialist in either of the HR areas.
- HR global awareness.
- Huge presence with strong presentation skills and solution oriented.
- Analytical with strong business acumen Detail-oriented, methodical and process-oriented to consistently and effectively produce and deliver high quality results on time. Results driven mindset.
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder who can establish trust, respect and credibility to co-create solutions across a range of stakeholders.
- A highly analytical problem-solver and critical thinker who can define root cause, evaluate alternatives and find solutions effectively.
- Possess a ‘client’ focus mindset which enables effective business partnering and issue resolution.
- A team player, self-starter, and resourceful with the ability to work within a constantly changing and ambiguous environment with minimal supervision and resilience.
- Agile, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Team management experience.
- Committed to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- Highly Proficient is all MS Suite core applications: Word, PowerPoint, Projects, Excel etc.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online