Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE), is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Project Manager – Upgrades – Turbomachinery Solutions
Job ID: R65279
Locations: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Do you have a passion for delivering new technology and problem solving to our customers on-site?
- Do you relish the prospect of working in the digitization innovation industry?
- Join our cutting-edge Technology Team
- Our Team offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of computerized machine condition monitoring and protection services. We help our customers and partners to achieve outstanding levels of reliability through our innovative technical designs and platforms. Our team provides vibration monitoring, machinery protection, diagnostics, real-time data and remote monitoring services to our customers.
- Work with the latest innovations
- As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the project delivery of all Turbo-Machinery upgrades related projects with profit & loss accountability. The Project Manager is also responsible for driving customer satisfaction, assuring the highest excellence in the execution jointly to the business targets
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing overall execution of rotating machinery equipment upgrades/retrofit related projects and accountable for the financial performance of the contract in terms of revenues, contribution margin and cash collection.
- Managing the scope of work of the contract and ensuring that the quality and on time delivery of the project are achieved to meet Customer needs and satisfaction.
- Managing and coordinate all related Rotating Machinery equipment unit modification and site installation activities, Unit Upgrade & Repair Service and all parts delivery activities to meet Contract obligation
- Managing cross-functional teams and driving both internal and external execution to meet contractual obligations and business targets.
- Organizing and, conducting all contract review meetings and leading all forms of communication with customers, managing project deliverable and discussing/reviewing outcomes also with all internal stakeholders including the Project Management Leader
- Identifying and carefully evaluating risks during the project lifecycle and working with multiple functions to mitigate them
- Managing and Negotiating all change orders with Customers
- Planning and coordinating with Customers, the implementation of recommended actions due to Technical Information Letters by monitoring their technical improvement applicability and execution timeframe on all related Rotating Machinery equipment
- Resolving with the customer any un-clarity in the contract agreement wording which may arise during the execution of the contract
- Keeping Customers updated about design changes and provide information about the latest advancements in upgrades opportunities to Customer, thereby sourcing for opportunities to expand the project profitability in ways that bring value to Customers.
- Operating according to performance indicators, such as timeliness of project launch and quality of project report, customer satisfaction NPS.
- Interacting compliantly with Baker Hughes tools, processes, and organization in order to fulfill all Contract obligations
- Prioritizing and promptly escalate critical issues business needs.
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University with Oil & Gas industry experience
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in project management that includes rotating machinery equipment upgrades/retrofit
- Experience on site supervision with direct practice on the field managing people and resources.
- Demonstrate technical writing skills, knowledge of MS Office and systems for design, test and analysis (e.g. AutoCad)
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and execute multiple customer projects to successful completion
- Show experience of project cost control and managing customer contractual requirements to successful completion
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and an ability to build trusting relationships with customers
- Be able to work in a variety of difficult environments including on-shore facilities and customer locations
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a globally spread matrix organization
- Be IPMA or PMP certified
- Have Six Sigma Green Belt certified is a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online