Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Regional / Senior National Consultant (Public Health Leadership and Institutional Capacity Strengthening)
Duration: 36 days (spread over 3months).
Call For Consultants For (Chips) Programme – Leadership And Institutional Capacity Strengthening
- Malaria Consortium requires experienced consultants who will contribute to strengthening capacity of Health institutions and the leadership responsible for CHIPS specifically in building leadership skills, towards adapted CHIPS program, dissemination and sustainability in Niger State.
- Malaria Consortium requires qualified personnel who will contribute to strengthening capacity of Health institutions and the leadership responsible for CHIPS specifically in building leadership skills, towards adapted CHIPS program, dissemination and sustainability in Niger State.
- Lead ( Regional / Senior National Consultant) (1)
Role of the Lead Consultant (Leadership and Institutional Capacity strengthening)
- Leadership and Capacity Need Assessment (Phase one- 3 month):
- This will involve development / adaptation of available and relevant tools to be valid and reliable for identification of the core problems and issues/ needs around the performance of the statutory roles and around the core elements of institutional and leadership capacity of the institutions relevant for CHIPS programme.
- Planning and Capacity building :
- Based on the findings of the assessment.
- Phase 2: Mentoring (3 months) of the individual trained leader to implement the plan develop
Phase 1: Introduction and Assessment
- Briefing and introduction of Intervention and technical assistance team meetings
- Identify key issues, individuals, structure, and arrangement regarding leadership support for sustainable CHIPS programme and assign roles and responsibility.
Planning, Capacity Building and Monitoring:
- Support leadership and capacity strengthening as follows
Phase 2: Assessment of Intervention and Mentoring
Lead ( Regional / Senior National Consultant)
- Briefing by the relevant MC management and staffs to establish common understanding of interventions and the process.
- Attend meeting with the relevant top management of the relevant MDAs to introduce the technical assistance team and the interventions.
- Lead the assessment (tools development, analysis, and define gaps) on the leadership and capacity strengthening support for sustainable CHIPS programme and identify core issues and gaps regarding leadership.
- Identify internal and external institutional and structural arrangements; and key individuals currently or in medium-term responsible for sustainable CHIPS roll-out at State and LGAs level.
- Develop consensus with the MC and State teams on the leadership and management structure, to feature the relevant MDAs, with the short and long-term roles documented.
- Provide technical support to the leadership and capacity strengthening identified leaders to develop the composite leadership plan in relation to the achievement of the short and longterm targets of the CHIPS programme (State level plan; LGA level plans).
- Actively contribute to development of technical training module and mentoring plan in support of the leadership and capacity strengthening intervention.
- Actively contribute to development training plan on leadership and capacity strengthening to address the identified problems/ issues.
- Lead and provide oversight) to the conduct training on leadership and capacity strengthening to address the identified problems issues amenable to training and mentoring.
- Conduct bi-annual assessment of leadership and capacity strengthening intervention; and apply findings to inform mentoring for identified leaders/revision of the plans
- Conduct follow-up mentoring in support of the leadership and capacity, strengthening, with the parameter of the mentoring defined.
- Mentoring of the individual trained leader to implement the plan developed (3months)
- Prepare overall report for the consultancy.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Public Health, Management, or Social Sciences.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in application of capacity building approaches for effective leadership; additional leadership training qualification will be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in design, and institutionalisation of effective leadership structure and functions within government health system.
- Demonstrable ability to interact at management and policy level in the health sector to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrable ability and experience to lead and manage team of health experts, for efficient performance of assigned task tasks.
- Leadership attributes, facilitation skills, and a team player with respect for timelines.
- Report writing skills, with proficiency in the use of MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should send their CV and suitability statement to: [email protected]
- Subject of the mail: Please indicate position applied for i.e Lead_ Regional/Senior National Consultant or Senior National Consultant (BMGF Leadership and Institutional Capacity strengthening) whichever is applicable as the subject title of your email application.
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above email address.