Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a leading group specilaised in broadcast and e-commerce payment services is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Lead Risk Analyst
Job Type: Full time
- The LRA will lead the task and efforts to reduce business risk, profitability and productivity risk.
- He or she will also spearhead efforts related to enterprise risk management and must have deep knowledge of financial management, financial analyses and projections. The candidate will report directly to the CEO.
- The LRA will be responsible for implementing policies and procedures to minimize or manage operational and financial risks.
- The ideal candidate will also be tasked with coming up with mitigating processes to help minimize or avoid losses that may arise when the systems, procedures, or policies in place are found to be inadequate – or if they fail entirely.
- The LRA will manage compliance with regulatory requirements on a federal, state, and local level.
- Manages other security-related issues, including IT security, internal auditing, financial advisory, financial auditing, fraud prevention, global business climate changes, and similar corporate internal investigations.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Developing risk maps and formulating strategic action plans to help minimize, manage, and mitigate financial risk, business operations risk, primary and secondary risks, loss prevention and then monitor the progress of these efforts.
- Creating and disseminating risk analysis reports and progress reports to different stakeholders, including employees, board members, and C-suite executives subject to CEO’s approval.
- Ensuring that risk management priorities are reflected in the company’s strategic plans.
- Formulating and implementing risk assurance strategies that are related to the transmission, storage, and use of information and data systems.
- Evaluating possible operational risks that may arise from human error or system failures, which might disrupt or affect business processes.
- The LRA will also develop different strategies to minimize risk exposure and designates appropriate responses for when human errors or system failures occur.
- Measuring the organization’s risk appetite and setting the amount of risk that the organization is able – and willing – to take on.
- Developing budgets for risk-related projects and supervising their funding
- Conducting risk assurance/assessment and due diligence on behalf of the organization in the events of mergers, investments, acquisitions, and business deals.
- Analytical skills, quantification skills, and very strong knowledge of finance.
- Outstanding people skills in order to properly educate employees and key personnel about risk while also facilitating dialogue and communication among different departments or groups of people.
- A Business Degree in Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science, or Accountancy is a must
- 10 years and above relevant industry experience managing risk and business continuity.
- Professional certification in risk and audit, governance, finance and relevant industry affiliation is also required.
- An MBA is a plus.