Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Strategy & Insights
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Indeco – Industry Ecosystem & Platforms
- To act as the strategy and insights champion, entrenching a culture where managers and members in the Business Division make data-driven decisions. Coordinate and develop information relating to business strategy, Business Planning, Sales Quotas, CRM Technology directions and other critical / emerging business operations areas.
- Also coordinate, develop, and manage data generated and other information tools (e., Business Intelligence and insights) to achieve Sales and Business objectives. To support the development and execution of the business strategy, with reference to Interswitch Indeco’s strategic direction.
Strategy Business Partner:
- Provide strategic support to businesses and sometimes act as first-line advisor on operational issues
- Provide support to all business resources and monitor all requirements for various value-added service
- Work with process development and resource teams and prepare appropriate schedule
Insights and Reporting:
- Contribute to the preparation of various data and analytics reports
- Analyse complex data and identify requirements for business enhancement during sales projects’ implementation
- Report improvement opportunities to sales/business strategies and operational plans according to business priorities and budget margins
- Develop weekly progress reports which include activities progress against set timelines, key risk and control indicators, and overall improvements on current processes and procedures that minimize relevant risks
Data Collection, Analysis, Assessment and Control:
- Work independently to collate and analyse data using predetermined tools, methods, and formats to create standard insights
- Monitor team members’ use of the customer relationship management system (CRM), identifying and resolving standard issues and escalating these to a senior manager as appropriate
- Support creation of machine learning algorithms by applying standard statistical analysis or data preparation methods.
- Assist with stakeholder engagement by arranging actions, meetings, events, and supporting materials to promote stakeholder understanding and commitment
- Attend meetings led by Head, Strategy and Excellence, along with relevant stakeholders, and acquire needs on business strategies requirements
- Execute sales mitigation activities in line with communicated requirements
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with contractors, clients, and consultants in sales ecosystem
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct to ensure own work adheres to those standards
- Obtain authorisation from a supervisor or manager for any exceptions from mandatory procedure.
Policy and Process Development & Implementation:
- Work within established procedures to achieve specified goals
- Execute sales and business strategy according to plan and detailed activities
- Review sales and business issues in line with sales and business processes, systems, and procedures, and find solution to ad-hoc problems
- Support strategies development and execution for Interswitch’s business intelligence processes
- Prepare data architecture and strategies and provide business object solutions as per requirements
- Monitor and analyse the competitive landscape and build market intelligence reports.
- University First Degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Sales and Marketing or any finance related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in strategy and data analysis and reporting in the financial or Fin Tech industry to enable the job holder to deal with most situations and to advise others
- At least 2 years’ experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframe
- Action Planning
- Business Requirements Analysis
- Commercial Acumen
- Sales/Business Planning and Coordination
- Review and Reporting
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Data Control
- Planning and Organizing
- Compliance Management.
- Manages Complexities
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability
- Plans and Aligns
- Balances stakeholders
- Drives Results
- Optimises Work Processes
- Financial Acumen
- Business Insight
- Collaboration skills
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online