Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lecturer I – Architecture
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking to engage a highly competent and result-oriented Lecturer I with strong personal & professional integrity to join our dynamic Architecture Department
- Ensure that course design and delivery comply with the quality standards and regulations of the university and department.
- Lead research and/or innovation proposals and projects with the potential to generate income, to manage project deliverables, deliver outputs and secure impact.
- Work with university stakeholders to identify sources of research funding and lead the process of securing funds.
- Supervise research degree students to ensure timely completion and/or undertake the duties of Director of Studies for research degree students to manage timely completion.
- Design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of study (sometimes for entirely new courses) at various levels.
- Advancing a rigorous research, creative activity and/or community engagement agenda, including collaborating across disciplines on research and outreach initiatives
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate architecture courses including special topics seminars, lecture courses and design studios
- Design and maintain virtual learning content and environments.
- Review on a regular basis course content and materials, updating when required.
- Develop and apply appropriate teaching techniques and material which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- Candidates must hold a PhD in Architecture or in a related field.
- Minimum of 6 years teaching and research experience with good-quality publications in national and international journals.
- Regular and consistent incorporation of innovation into teaching including development and implementation of new programmes especially involving innovative methodologies.
- Emerging record of research productivity or evidence of contributing to a successful design practice.
- Candidates must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership with evidence of collaborative research work with academics within the university and elsewhere.
- Record of peer-reviewed research, patents, competition awards, design awards or other publicly acknowledged design or community engagement work.
- Demonstrated ability to teach design studio and related courses in a professional degree program, evidence of outstanding design skills, evidence of research/creative scholarship or the ability to develop and maintain an active research/creative scholarly program, and candidates holding a professional license in Architecture.
- Candidate must be a computer Literate with advanced skills in ARCHICAD and other BIM software etc.
- Must have membership/registration with relevant professional bodies such as NIA and ARCON
- Ability to identify opportunities for strategic development/improvement e.g., research projects, new courses, consultancy.
- Ability to identify (through the analysis of appropriate management information) areas requiring improved performance e.g., student numbers, and student satisfaction.
Application Closing Date
20th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Your application must include the following:
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in a PDF).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.