Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Liaison Officer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Period:Six Months
Possibility of extension: Yes
Contract:208 working hours per month
- Provide support to the deputy Head of Mission in the administrative part of operational networking tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with state authorities and actors at Maiduguri level, contributing to security and humanitarian context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the needed support to the project..
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Deputy Head of Mission and provide support in analyzing contextual information of north east of Nigeria.
- Fill and keep updated the tools related to context (WER, maps)
- Participate in the elaboration and updating of the BAY states risk analysis.
- File and update contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.)
- Organize, arrange and follow-up meetings and appointments with authorities and actors.
- Ensure that all MSF staff (IS) visiting Maiduguri are registered with immigration and keep information on legal and administrative procedures.
- Manage external Communication sessions and events about MSF in BAY states
- Ensure that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding signed with Borno state government and inform to Dep HOM about any possible risk or problem.
- Supervise implementation of medical activities in Pulka and Gwoza by liaising with community leaders and health authorities. Identify any related risk/challenge and report to Dep HoM for possible actions.
- Participate actively in emergency surveillance around BAY states and report any alert to Dep HoM/HoM support for follow-up.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
- Keep documents and files updated, properly filed and easily accessible for internal users.
- Provide support on Finance and HR tasks when needed.
- Education: University Degree in Social Science or Law
- Experience: Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
- Language: English and Hausa Mandatory
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Excellent communication skill.
N367,575.00 Gross Monthly (Subject to statutory deductions) – As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF encouragers women and people with disabilities to apply.