International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Asset Management Assistant (Procurement & Logistics)
Organizational Unit: Supply Chain
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the general supervision of Senior Resource Management in Abuja, and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer in Abuja, the incumbent will be responsible for handling Logistics and Asset Management activities in Abuja.
- Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Maintain and update PRISM assets inventory list and ensure all relevant information is updated in the PRISM system in line with the physical data, asset movement and changes record.
- Generate asset QR sticker through PRISM and ensure all assets are tagged and scanned; replace and update the sticker as required.
- Assist the bi-annually physical asset inventory, update the inventory list accordingly (serial number, location, user, room & last inventory date) and update the Asset Assignment/Return Form accordingly
- Assist in preparing Asset Disposal Form (ADF) for missing, broken or obsolete assets; and obtain approval at the
- Mission and CAS Manila levels. Ensure the supporting document such as email, OSS and Police Reports are attached.
- Assist in liaising with CAS Manila to obtain approval related to asset transfer, retirement, and disposal process in the system.
- Make follow up of broken or unfunctional asset with the respective vendor or repair centre, by obtaining quotation for repair cost, seeking approval from the Supervisor and/or related Units (including ICT Unit for IT equipment) if further repair, replacement or disposal is required.
- Conduct regular inspection of the whole compound (indoor and outdoor), to check the general functionality and condition of IOM assets, equipment and furniture, and report any issues to the Supervisor.
- Conduct disposal of non-asset equipment or furniture through sale, auction or disposal field
- Maintain proper storage system for IOM assets that are not in use by staff member, and ensure they are safely stored.
- Ensure the storage is always clean and tidy.
- Provide logistics support for Mission’s fleet in obtaining vehicle importation and registration papers, and the vehicle number plates.
- Ensure all documentations and papers are filed properly and securely
- Provide logistics support for Mission’s fleet in obtaining vehicle importation and registration papers, and the vehicle number plates. Ensure all documentations and papers are filed properly and securely
- Arrange and make hotel accommodation booking for the Returnees as requested by the Migration Management Unit (MMU) Team, and process the payment to the hotel at least on monthly basis according to the agreed LTA price list, along with other supporting documents.
- Assist in obtaining import duty exemption with related Authorities, preparing authorization letter or other logistics l document as required
- Perform Goods Receiving Verification through SAP based on the evidence of signed Goods Receiving Note or Service Completion Certificate
- Supervise loading and offloading or office maintenance works as required.
- Undertake field travel for asset inventory as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Degree from an accredited academic institution in Office Maintenance, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant experience in Office Maintenance.
- Diploma in the above fields with 1 year of relevant working experience with specific focus in Maintenance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using “SVN2022.160 Abuja, Nigeria. Logistics & Asset Management Assistant (Procurement & Logistics) SST” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.
- IOM does not charge a fee or hire agents at any stage of its recruitment process (application,interview, training, visa or other fees).
- IOM is hiring candidates only through its Human Resources Unit
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.