British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Execution Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Management
Function: Supply Chain – Logistics
Reports to: Transport Service Centre Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The prime function of this role is to be accountable for and manage all inbound, and outbound movement of materials, finished goods and R&RS in the BATWAA network.
- Specifically the role holder is responsible for executing, controlling and managing all transportation (land, sea and air)within the scope of BATWAA Operations.
- This includes all moves from suppliers of materials to delivery of finished goods to customer.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- To be accountable for and manage all transportation in the BATWAA network
- To provide tactical direction to the transport suppliers to enable the delivery of significant savings in transport spend
- To design and drive an efficient and effective customer delivery scheme by having optimal balance of customer service and transport costs in place.
- Participate in regular logistics reviews and tendering processes for the Area to improve the logistics network and cost base. Drive projects and continuous improvement initiatives to achieve and report logistics cost savings.
- Manage the bond process and ensure the bond facilities are well utilised within limits and the business is not exposed to risk of demands by the government. Provide visibility and good forecasts of bond requirements and cancellations.
- To be accountable for the supply of finished/semi finished goods from Nigeria to various end markets and factories ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Put in place an effective ordering system to ensure OTIF arrival of goods at the ports and effective follow up of import documentation to ensure OTIF arrival of documentation to minimise total port waiting time.
- Drive a proactive culture of root cause analysis, continuous improvement, openness and excellent customer service.
- To build change capability across the local logistics community, the suppliers and logistics by demonstrating awareness, listening and proactive change impact / risk management.
- To lead the engagement with all internal and external bodies in all aspects of inbound Logistics execution.
- To ensure a culture of trust and partnership/collaboration is always maintained with the 3PLs.
- Manage the 3PL service provider (DHL) to ensure excellent relationship, service quality and performance as per agreed service level and within costs.
- Monitor and report performance of the 3PL providers and use the information for benchmarking the logistics process against the best and other OPCO’s to improve performance.
- To ensure that the appropriate level of insurance is in place for all WMS and leaf ‘goods in transit’ and that all claims are processed effectively.
- Ensure all records are maintained and provided as per BAT best practice and local regulations.
- To Execute and manage all customs licences in relation to Customs and Excise, Excise factory and the bonded warehouses to ensure they are always valid thus ensuring continuity of the business.
- To ensure efficient fleet management and transport plan is executed for the timely and safe receipts of materials and tobacco products in the BATN premises.
- To ensure timely and accurate communication of shipments and their corresponding documents through regular tracking using GT Nexus or alternately. Liaise with Account Handlers, suppliers, and other third parties to ensure availability of documents for effective and efficient port clearance.
- To own the relationship with key internal stakeholders: Finance, Insurance, Security, Planning team Account handlers, Area Supply chain team, other BAT factories/GLT plants and the regional logistics team.
- To ensure excellent relationship with the following key external stakeholders: Customs, 3PLs, External Audit, governmental agencies and Banks to ensure smooth and efficient logistics operations and services.
- To identify opportunities to drive integration of logistics solutions linking primary (from on-site factory logistics up to 1st warehouse in the end market) and secondary (end market distribution) to obtain further network visibility and network synergies.
- Develop an environment which seeks continuous improvement and shares best practice ideas from within BATWAA, the rest of BAT and externally.
- To benchmark supply chain transport solutions and carrier capabilities against other internal (global scope) and external FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) companies to identify key areas of opportunities to enhance preferred logistics solutions, methodologies, trends and processes.
- Continually review existing transport operations, develop inclusive improvement plans and execute projects as appropriate to a required business case.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- A University Graduate with at least 8 years experience in logistics and especially transport functional expertise
- High level of supply chain knowledge with at least 2 years experience managing others
- Detailed knowledge is required across a range of logistics activities including; logistics best practice, transport and material supply solutions, 3rd party and supplier management. An appreciation of the additional requirements when moving tobacco products and the additional security, excise and indirect tax implications is preferable.
- Awareness of security and insurance polices and practices
- High degree of systems, especially SAP, knowledge
- Awareness of audit techniques and methodology
- Awareness of Supply Chain Excellence
- Awareness of BCP and risk management techniques
- Continuous improvement background and skill set
- Defining SLAs, processes, procedures and KPIs
- Influencing and leadership skills
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.