British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Executive – Inbound
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Seniority Level: Non-management
Function: Operations – Logistics
Role Positioning and Objectives
- This role is responsible for the proper handling of all inbound logistics and documentation.
- In addition, the person on the role will be developing effective partnerships with suppliers, to ensure smooth importation of materials into the country and clearing, as well as to enhance production volume and right value.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Ensure information from the planner on the Pro Forma Invoices and Purchase Orders is checked for accuracy, so that the two can be provided for timely Form M processing.
- Follow up on Purchase Orders registration of Form M with banks and customs and request for Bank allocation on receipt of PFI
- Ensure that the information written / provided manually on the Form M, Insurance & Letter of Credit is correct.
- Ensure that completed & approved copies of Form M, Insurance, Letter of Credit and Pro Forma Invoice are sent to the allocated banks.
- Scan & Send approved Form M to the supplier immediately.
- Prepare funding on receipt of approved Form M and follow up with Treasury to confirm funding
- Follow up with the allocated bank for Letter of Credit draft issuance and ensure the information on the draft is correct.
- Ensure timely follow up with allocated bank on Letter of Credit transmission.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian Import processes, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience within Logistics or Supply Chain departments.
- A minimum of HND/BSC in any numerical or financial courses.
- Good inter-personal communication and teamwork skills.
- Sound Analytical skills and ability to work with figures.
- Ability to work under pressure and with less supervision.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Software and SAP.
- Experience in an FMCG handling large number of SKUs preferably with a manufacturing organisation sufficient to demonstrate understanding of products.
Competitive Salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online