NERI is seeking to engage qualified nationals for:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting operations in all activities at the state office. The Logistics Officer will support a range of operational duties than span from maintaining inventory and ensuring compliance to the operational policies. This position will be based in Abuja with some travel.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
- The Logistics Officer will report to the Administrative Manager based in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that office operational policies are followed and compliant with policies;
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and coordinating compliance with project and donor policies;
- Travel as needed to LGA districts to monitor inventory and logistics
- Assist with office operations and procedures; managing the filing systems; supply requisitions (stationery, utility payments)
- Supervise support staff (i.e. cleaners, drivers, security guards, etc.)
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives
- Coordinate travel bookings for the state office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Arranging regular maintenance of electrical equipment and safety devices
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BSc in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years specific work experience and at least 3 years of general work experience is required.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English as well as one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
Deadline: 31 January, 2020
How to Apply
Qualified applicants MUST submit the following documents to [email protected] by January 31st, 2020:
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV