GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Operation Manager, French Speaking and North West Africa
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- You will manage transportation and related logistics of goods and services to and from internal and/or external customers/suppliers for French Speaking Africa and West Africa.
- You will manage approaches, projects and programs in the logistics area and ways of working and you will manage the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Develop and lead end-to-end logistics solutions to achieve required on-time pick up and delivery of goods. Manage Logistics Costs to meet budgets and Op Plans.
- Enhance reading Financial records , Profit and Loss and overall impact on busıness .
- Develop specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serve as best practice/quality resource. Be aware of latest technical developments in logistics. Contribute towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Have in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Drive Global Compliance and Operational Excellence through the execution of Key Performance Indicators
- Use judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Take new perspective on existing solutions. Use technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Use multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Experience and Deep knowledge about the Region, Regional dynamics, Logistics and Customs requirements.
- Experience in reading and understating of P&L and financial acumen
- Expert on Logistics process, warehouse management, transportation and Customs processes.
- Ability to combine business requirements and connect them to the Global Logistics
- Significant experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Operations.
- Bachelor or a Master’s Degree from an accredited university
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Solution is driven by complex logistics problems.
- Proven to be effective driving outcomes in large, matrixed organizations – understands how to navigate geographies, cultures, relationships, etc. Can drive work around the world because they are accountable, trustworthy, credible, committed, and intellectually agile.
- Excellent communications, influencing and collaboration skills required to manage a multitude of internal and external customers and partners
- Passionate change leader with high energy and the ability to work effectively across a complex, global organization.
- Strong team player who possesses excellent analytical and communication skills, ability to identify and challenge assumptions, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to combine business requirements and connect them to the Global Logistics.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online