British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Coordinator
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports to: Cell Manager
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The role owner will focus on eliminating maintenance and breakdown related losses at the lowest cost.
- The Maintenance coordinator is responsible for building capability in Operating Teams and Equipment Owners to deliver overall line results supporting the Compelling Business Needs.
- He will ensure that technical resources are available (spares, tools, manuals etc.) and that technical staff is sufficiently skilled and motivated to fulfill their roles successfully.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Ensure maintenance plan is prepared and circulated
- Ensures that all MOs are closed out
- Ensures that maintenance task list reviewed at regular frequency to promote improvements
- Ensures machine operates with minimum down time
- Ensures products are within quality parameters
- Analyses downtime and devises and implements methods of reduction
- Tracks and assists in improving on effectiveness of maintenance
- Develops OPLs and tools to improve operating teams capability
- Ensure the revision and updating of “Maintenance Technical Documentation” occurs as vital.
- Assesses technical ability of technical staff and develops plans to address areas for improvement
- Communicate effectively with Team leaders and Managers to improve operational objectives.
- Impact knowledge and training to new Technicians on production and maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Supervise spare parts usage and machine down time and reduce it monthly
- Supervise technical staff competence levels and train/ coach mentor to improve.
- Builds cordial relationships with technical staff as an integrated member of technical team
- Interacts with OEM’s on technical issues and coordinates activity of OEM technical staff.
- Questions established training / maintenance/ fault finding methodology and builds / devises more efficient alternatives.
- Owns MP&S DMS for the factory and maintenance related SWP’s within the PM pillar and supports pillar in step progression
- Improves capability of maintenance leads and other maintenance resources on performing the MP&S system as per standard
- Manages MP&S Health reporting.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- National Diploma with Engineering background
- The role holder will require an expert knowledge of cigarette making or packing machinery with at least 2 years of “hands on” experience of running these machines in a production environment.
- Coupled with the above, a proven understanding of technical training, fault finding, maintenance techniques will be critical to the success of the role
- Knowledge of IWS tools (UPS, IFA etc) and DMS (MP & S, BDE, CIL, CL). They should also be able to use them for loss elimination purposes.
- Thirdly, a high degree of interpersonal skill will be required to establish credentials and to pass on knowledge and experience to newer team members
- Interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively coach and train others
- High level of personal responsibility and accountability for results.
Competitive Salary + excellent benefits.