Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer – Electrical
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
- The Maintenance Engineer Electrical is responsible for supervising the installation, maintenance, repair and testing of a wide range of electrical equipment, control panels, power distribution system, transformers and associated switchgears in the plant.
- He/she will monitor work execution, provide guidance to ensure conformity to company regulations, deal personally with more complex maintenance, participate in shutdown and turnaround maintenance and planning activities and execute the plant modifications and commissioning of new equipment and plants.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer include:
- Plan wiring and installation of equipment and fixtures such as motors, generators, as well as control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Test continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohm meter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement. Repair faulty equipment or systems.
- Study production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Schedule, assign, plan and supervise electrical shop personnel performance on different electrical projects.
- Provide information on modification on work policies, safety regulations, electrical codes and specifications.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Provide technical assistance to field personnel in the areas of high voltage distribution equipment and high voltage motors / generators.
Other Activities of the Electrical Engineer are:
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Lead and participate in Failure Analysis and Vulnerability studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- An MBA would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years experience as an Electrical supervisor in the installation, repair, testing and maintenance of a wide range of electrical equipment, preferably in an oil/gas industry.
- Experience in GRE, Oil field mechanical, Inspection and Erection is also proffered.
- Knowledge of LCC (Line Commutated Current Sorced Converters) and HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) is mandatory.
- Ability to produce and interpret technical diagrams
- Ability to analyze complex problems and assess possible solutions
- Strong decision-making skill
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities to completion with tight timeline
- Presentation Skills
- Report writing Skills
- Document management Skills
- Emergency / Crisis Management and Mediation Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Time Management Skills.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience: Minimum Experience 8 Year
- Other experience: Minimum of 8 years experience as an Electrical supervisor
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online