SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Planning Technician
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Fixed-term-contract
Area activity: Technical Facilities Management
- Prepares site maintenance operations within CMIMS (UNISUP).
- Plans maintenance operations (routine and short-term) taking into account the spare parts and resources.
- Anticipates plans and requests the logistical means necessary for smooth maintenance operations, taking the various constraints into account when planning and carrying out operations.
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to work permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility.
- Prepares all interventions using the CMIMS and resourcing team under his responsibility.
- Manages and executes the JV site’s local planning requirements,
- Provides direct co-ordination of preventative maintenance activities with the onshore Technical Methods team and specifically the Onshore Planning Engineer.
- Organizes the delivery and movement of spare parts according to the requirements of maintenance operations.
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings with site.
- Co-ordinates the management and update of CMIMS master-data with COMPANY and onshore Methods team and Onshore Planning Engineer.
- Ensures the accurate and timely closeout of all CMIMS Work orders and ensures accurate and adequate history in the activity reports.
- Identifies in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand.
- Ensures all (preventative or corrective) is accurately resourced and that all materials and services are provided to the site and work location.
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs and if need be, suggests improvement.
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
- Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to the CSR if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable.
- Develops and provides all short term planning for the field’s activities.
- Provides any ad-hoc reports from CMIMS as directed by the COMPANY.
- Ensures through the use of CMIMS the coordination, mobilization and planning of all required vendors (e.g. contractors and subcontractors or SMC’s).
- Higher National Diploma or Certificate (HND/HNC (A level+ 3years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations.
- Knowledgeable in SAP.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Power point.
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations.
- The ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams.
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others.
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site.
- Languages: English necessary. French an advantage.
- He must have proven ability as a leader of small teams.
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability, Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust he has in his teams, is essential.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 3 years or more
- BOSIET + CA-EBS, OSP, SAP.
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
What can we offer you?
We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online