Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Job Recruitment: MSH Recruitment. Apply for Management Sciences for Health Job Vacancies. MHS Job Recruitment 2020. Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Job Recruitment
We are recruiting:
1). Director of Partnerships
- Location: Abuja
- Ref Id: R214
- The Director of Partnerships is a valuable member of the Business Development & Partnerships (BDP) team and will be instrumental in driving MSH’s 2018-2023 organizational strategy.
- The Director will lead the organization to coalesce around a vision and strategy for partnerships and resource mobilization.
- S/he will work across MSH teams to champion engagement strategies and plans for foundations, corporations, and other strategic partners.
- S/he is responsible for developing and managing a multi-year pipeline of diverse funding opportunities and achieving revenue targets within budget.
- The Director of Partnerships will represent MSH in its organizational memberships as well as other events/conferences in order to build MSH’s reputation and brand among foundation and corporate audiences.
- Successful candidates will have technical knowledge of the field, will be able to draw on existing networks and connections, and will be personally motivated.
Advances MSH’s Global Partnerships (20%):
- Develops and executes diverse donor and partner engagement strategies and plans.
- Establishes, develops, and maintains strong relationships with foundations, corporations, and other strategic partners.
- Works closely with other leaders at MSH (MSH Board of Directors, President and CEO, the MSH Leadership Team and MSH Country Leaders) to secure partners who will support MSH’s mission.
- Represents MSH in its organizational memberships as well as other events/conferences in order to build MSH’s reputation and brand among foundation and corporate audiences.
- Tracks the progress of partnerships, updating data and strategic information routinely in Salesforce, providing regular updates to management and adjusting where necessary to ensure the partnerships evolve with MSH.
Pipeline and Proposal Management (25%):
- Develops and manages a multi-year pipeline of new funding opportunities to ensure that MSH consistently delivers at or above long-term revenue goals within budget.
- Shepherds specific opportunities through go/no-go decision making processes and strategic investment case reviews.
- Uses technical expertise and experience to guide proposal development and writing by working with teams to develop and customize marketing materials, pitch presentations, concept notes, as well as applications for funding to potential diverse donor and partner needs.
- Leads negotiations with donors, in collaboration with other business units.
- Conducts proposal reviews.
Business Strategy (45%):
- Researches current and future sector trends through desk research and through virtual and in-person networking.
- Sets and achieves annual revenue targets and other financial measures for corporate and foundation funding of MSH.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to develop and implement innovative approaches and strategies for new and emerging business areas.
Team Effectiveness and Management (10%):
- Serves as member of BDP senior management team, providing strategic direction to the function has a whole.
- Participates in annual corporate work planning and periodic after action reviews of proposals.
- Ensures effective use of internal systems (Salesforce, Costpoint, etc.).
- Contributes to developing and/or refining guides, tools, specific trainings or discussion fora, and one-on-one or group coaching and mentoring sessions related to areas of responsibility.
- Engages and inspires internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for sharing donor engagement best practices and contributing to the knowledge base through participation in relevant forums and networks.
- A postgraduate education in a field of study closely related to the assigned responsibilities, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience is required. 12 years of progressively responsible experience is preferred.
- Experience in and passion for international public health highly preferred.
- Proven track record in strategy development, networking, and cultivating relationships with foundations and corporations, as well as global, regional, and local partners.
- Demonstrated success in developing and negotiating successful funding pitches and applications.
- Demonstrated success in creating teams and managing diverse internal relationships to achieve goals.
- Proven experience in collaboratively setting targets and increasing revenues, thereby meeting or exceeding goals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of public health in developing countries and in-depth understanding of global international development trends, issues and structures.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize diverse sources of information to identify current and emerging funding and technical trends.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain functional, valuable, and productive relationships, both, across the organization–especially with senior leadership team and key technical staff – as well as with current and potential donors and partners inside and outside of the US.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and manage multiple competing priorities across time zones.
- Strong written and verbal English-language communication skills, knowledge of a second language preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and international in scope.
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to internal and external audiences.
- Proven ability to work successfully with multiple constituencies, both internal and external.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to take initiative and actively seek out new work.
- Experience working with senior corporate executives, foundation executives and senior program officers, and ability to cultivate these kinds of existing relationships.
- Mission-driven and self-directed, with passion, integrity, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and complex environment to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate with impact and follow through on activities.
- Ability to travel to the US and countries in which MSH operates.
2). Regional Senior Malaria Technical Advisor (RSMTA)
- Ref No: R217
- Locations: Cross River, Nasarawa (one based at Nasarawa to serve Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa and Zamfara); and another at Cross River to serve Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ebonyi and Oyo states).
- Job Type: Full time
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH.
- The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
Main Purpose of Job
The RSMTA is a senior-level position with two major roles on the project:
- To deputize for the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor in the provision of technical support and strategic direction to the PMI-S project’s program staff in the 4 states (including the State Technical Malaria Leads (STML), the Malaria Case Management/MIP (MC/MIP) Officers, the iCCM Technical Advisors, and the Private Sector advisors).
- In consultation with the State Coordinator and the STML, s/he will provide high-level TA to SMEP, SMOH and SPHCDA on malaria case management; surveillance, monitoring and evaluation; and strengthening capacity of SMEP and health systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the project’s task order management team, participate in the development of PMI-S Project’s approach to implementation of priority technical strategies including but not limited to (i) the Behavioral Economics Prototypes to influence provider behaviours to adhere to national malaria diagnostic and treatment guidelines, (ii) the malaria diagnostic quality assurance system and SOPs (QA/QC), (iii) the data quality assurance systems including data validation and data triangulation, (iv) and integrated support supervision and mentoring systems towards quality malaria case management.
- In collaboration with the Senior Malaria Technical Advisor (SMTA)/Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), build the capacity of the State Technical Malaria Leads (STML) and state technical staff in the roll-out of the PMI-S technical strategic approaches at state, LGA and health facility levels.
- Take responsibility for developing the technical components of Task Order annual and quarterly work plans and reports. S/he will coordinate development of state-specific plans and reports, and then compile them into a single task order work plans and reports
- At the state level, guide the project’s State Coordinator, the STML and the Monitoring & Evaluation/Health System Strengthening (M&E/HSS) Officer to have a common vision of PMI-S project work; and equip them with knowledge and skills on effective approaches to building capacity of the SMEP, SMOH and the SPHCDA to provide quality malaria services.
- Collaborate and coordinate with PMI/Nigeria partners – the GHSC-PSM, BA-N and WRAIR; and other partners supporting malaria and health services in the region including WHO, UNICEF, GF, and others to leverage resources for sustainable implementation and funding of malaria services. S/he will compile, manage and be a member of the regional malaria training team.
- Be a technical resource and facilitator of state coordination forums like the mTWG, ATM, HDCC and others to steer the states towards sustainability. S/he will link with the M&E/HSS and GHCS-PSM to prepare monthly analysis of HMIS, LMIS and laboratory data, and deep-dives into LGAs and Health Facilities for presentation and discussion at these forums to inform decisions.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the state malaria annual work plans (AOP).
- Work with the Private Sector advisors to engage the private health sector in planning and implementation of malaria services including diagnostic QA/QC, and quality of case management and reporting into the DHIS2 by the private health facilities.
- In coordination with the Regional Senior Communications Officer and technical staff, contribute to documentation of the project’s technical highlights, abstracts and success stories.
- Contribute to the visibility of PMI and USAID investments through innovative presentation of project approaches and results at state, federal and international levels.
- A first degree in a medicine or health-related field, and a master’s degree in health, management or related field is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience managing and implementing public health programs in Nigeria – three years of which should be at a senior level and two years on a malaria program is required.
- Experience working in at least two of the states of the respective task orders and knowledge of the local cultures is necessary.
- NGO experience is an advantage.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects, and understanding of US Government policies and procedures is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results in multiple malaria disciplines (e.g., LLIN distribution, malaria prevention, malaria in pregnancy, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and severe malaria).
- Strong communication skill to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the program and effectively coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Advanced professional proficiency in writing and reading English is required.
How to Apply for Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Job Recruitment
Eligible and interested candidates should apply via the right link below: