African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade.
The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt, commenced operations on 30 September, 1994, following the signature of a Headquarters Agreement with the host Government in August, 1994. It has branch offices in Harare, Abuja and Abidjan and will open an East Africa branch office shortly.
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Administration (Business Continuity Management)
Reference Number: FDSBLR005
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Procurement management – Implement a Bank-wide goods, services and works procurement management system in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures ensuring competitive bidding for best value, and open and free competition for all Bank procurement and timely supply of quality goods and services to the Bank.
- Procurement policy – Coordinates and documents enhancements and amendments to the Bank’s procurement policies and operating guidelines and ensures diligent application.
- Procurement Planning – Plan and carryout pre-procurement activities in line with and in support of business objectives. Develop and execute annual procurement plans for all Bank locations.
- Procurement Tender Committees – Run professional tender processes to ensure objective selection of suppliers for goods and services.
- Procurement Activities – Carryout routine activities to purchase goods and services for the Bank from local and international markets.
- Reporting – Prepare relevant procurement reports.
- Vendor performance management – Negotiate contracts with suppliers to deliver best value to the Bank, apply appropriate supply and service level agreements for goods and services and implement a critical vendor performance management and capacity development program.
- Due diligence – Carry out required technical and other due diligences.
Business Continuity Services:
- Coordinate the BCCP; including setting up and providing governance for project teams if required.
- Proactively identify and develop risks controls where appropriate, for risks related to business continuity, crisis management, people and facilities.
- Draw up BCCP Budgets.
- Commission and supervise Readiness Testing and make recommendations arising from results of the testing.
- Report the status of the BCCP capability.
- Provide hands-on assistance to staff and their families upon the occurrence of a Contingency Trigger.
- Evaluate Contingency Trigger threats and make recommendations for triggering the BCCP to ensure that any Contingency Trigger does not cause a shutdown of business.
- Conduct frequent Business Impact assessments and ensure remedial actions are completed.
- Act as the secretary to the Emergency Management Committee (EMC).
- Define and own the annual BCM programme including co-ordination of input from other risk mitigation functions.
- Align, secure and develop resources to enable programme success and required levels of reliability to be achieved.
- Sponsor the production and distribution of all BCM related documentation and awareness materials.
- Support Branch Managers and Department/Unit heads in the management of BCM related risk.
General Support Services:
- Budget Management – Develop annual administrative capital and operating expenditure plans and budgets and carry out periodic variance analyses for all locations.
- Accounts Payables Management – Review and process all Bank administrative capital and operating expenditure ensuring compliance with budget and applicable financial management policies and procedures.
- Petty cash management – Oversee management of the Bank’s petty cash floats.
- Automation – Champion the implementation and use of the Accounts payable procurement, material and logistics SAP modules, ensuring uptake and institutionalization within the Bank and gaining of all necessary operational efficiencies.
- Physical Assets Registers – Implement a Bank-wide physical asset tracking and management system in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Physical Assets Operation and Maintenance – Ensure all Bank assets and vehicles are well maintained and kept in good operating condition.
- Physical Assets Disposal – Coordinate asset disposal processes.
- Insurance – Put in place and maintain adequate insurance cover to protect the Bank and Bank assets against all sorts of operating risks.
- Inventory management – Implement a Bank-wide and centralized stores management system for the Bank’s supplies and consumables.
- Front Desk Management – Oversee the management of the Bank’s reception (front desk) and call centre activities.
- Guest Management – Implement a guest management system.
- Meeting Management – Implement a Bank-wide and professional meeting room reservation and management system.
- Laissez Passer and ID cards – Coordinate issuance and administering of Bank Laissez Passer and other identification documents and security access badges.
- Telecommunication System – Oversee the management of the Banks telecommunication and audio-visual systems.
- Mail management – Implement a Bank-wide professional and efficient mail, courier and faxes management system.
- Shipments – Coordinate inbound and outbound shipments.
- Records – Support implementation of a Bank-wide standardized filing, indexing, archiving and document management system for both hard copies and electronic records.
- Reprographic management – Oversee the Bank’s printing activities.
- Catering Management – Oversee operations of the Bank cafeteria and kitchenettes.
- Service Management – Oversee provision of Administrative Services to the Bank and Staff in line with established Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Put in place and manage a system for receiving, responding, tracking and reporting service requests and attainment of SLAs.
- Audit – Point of contact for consultation and queries with internal and external auditors.
- Branches – Provides required support to branch office managers.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant First Degree and a post-graduate degree from a leading University in either Economics, Commerce, Procurement, Finance, Accounting, Law, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position or relevant professional qualification in lieu of the post-graduate degree.
- Sound general management experience of at least 8 years in a similar senior role with a leading large commercial and or internationally recognized organization.
- Demonstrable organizational, leadership and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of procurement and administrative practices.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Proven experience in local and international procurement including ability to successfully carryout complex procurements.
- Ability to work with suppliers and build long term competitive supply relationships.
- Ability to analyse data and give presentations to all levels of management.
- Ability to influence, communicate effectively and work with minimum supervision.
- Proven experience in business support services. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of managing support services in a fairly complex environment. Knowledge of computerised support services systems is desirable; Proven experience in corporate travel and tourism management.
- Demonstrable organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Innovativeness, pro-activeness and results driven.
- Strong problem-solving skills and positive business impact.
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to work long hours.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
18th June 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ” Fabio” at: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not yet had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.