MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Disaster Recovery – Information Technology
Job Identification: 1509
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager, Governance and Service Resilience
Division: Information Technology
- Performs business continuity and disaster recovery planning and analysis for medium to highly complex assignments.
- Work with Business Continuity management to ensure that the disaster recovery (crisis management) and business continuity plans drive disaster recovery (DR) strategy and procedures.
- Establish and maintain the overall plans for executing all DR procedures and understand their interdependencies.
- Establish and maintain detailed DR communications and command and control plans through a change management process.
- Work with the IT technical staff to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place, maintained, and tested as part of the regular operational life cycle.
- Develop and understand all testing necessary for a successful DR execution.
- Schedule and lead all DR exercises.
- Provide ongoing feedback for risk management, mitigation, and prevention.
- Represent disaster recovery cost requirements in the annual budgeting process.
- Regularly report Disaster Recovery activities to upper management.
- Act as liaison for auditing and examination of disaster recovery processes.
- Work on multiple projects as a lead on business continuity and disaster recovery planning components.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Develop and implement a plan to provide fail-over capacity of all mission critical servers, applications and networks from service-based execution.
- Develop, review and standardize from service-view all recovery process and procedural standards to address routine, backup, redundancy and recovery architectures.
- Support the implementation of a Business Impact Analysis and business continuity plans
- Ensure the company’s data, data systems, infrastructure and networks are recoverable in the event of a disaster.
- Perform and analyze disaster simulations for the prompt restoration of services.
- Actively participates in Incident & Problem management of major incidents and facilitates service recovery
- Investigate current performance areas of IT Systems disaster recovery infrastructure and identify bottlenecks and develop ideas for performance improvements and implementation.
- Track and monitor the implementation of changes that may impact Business Service Continuity
- Develop, track and report all operations issues as it relates to Business Service Continuity.
- Develops all DR assurance testing activities, i.e. switchover/failover tests, dry runs and back/up recovery activities and ensure they are up to date.
- Lead and direct disaster recovery testing for all Mission Critical Processes
- Support in the tracking of all IT related Risk and update Risk Register accordingly
- Develop and update all Business Continuity PPPs
- Own Business Resilience/Technology Resilience Maturity Index annual target, measurement and improvement plan.
- First Degree or HND in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
- Possession of appropriate certifications such as Certified Disaster Recovery Manager (PECB), cBCI – Business Continuity Manager, ISO 22301 – Foundation, Lead Implementer, etc.
- Fluent in English.
6 – 13 years experience which includes:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business continuity and IT disaster recovery experience; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
- In-depth knowledge of business process modelling, computer platforms, network and proven project management skills.
- Strong skills in testing emergency response, recovery support and business resumption procedures.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current business continuity and disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies, as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses.
- Experience in preparing, reviewing, and reporting disaster recovery metrics
- A good understanding of available and emerging IT technologies (disaster recovery tools)
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure Technologies, including Windows, Unix, Virtual Machines, Hyper Converged Infrastructure, SAN, SDN, Network and Database.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online