MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Inventory Management, Finance
Job Identification: 1339
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager Planning and Fulfillment
- Implement the company inventory policies and procedure in accordance with MTN accounting policy and IFRS
- Ensure accuracy and general ledger reconciliation of all Inventory and WIP accounts
- Conduct Oracle closing process for month-end and maintain efficient operation for all inventory accounts and transactions.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciling items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Ensure proper valuation of Inventory in accordance to relevant accounting standards
- Review WIP status at month-end and ensure agreement to information on Promasys prior to submitting assets for movement to final fixed assets register and subsequent depreciation.
- Provide age analysis information to finance fixed assets for calculation of impairment provision
- Manage logistics unit statutory external audit process
- Re-allocate expenses wrongly charged within and between cost centers.
- Prepare OPEX budget forecast for logistics and Network CAPEX inventory forecast for company
- Ensure appropriate and accurate inventory information in the IFS system, that includes the managing of IFS in terms of setup, user utilization and flow of information into the general ledger for reconciliation purposes.
- Ensure maintenance of oracle perpetual inventory system and periodic analysis of sub ledger information.
- Monitor stock counts at primary warehouses and regional warehouses to ensure that stock quantities are accurate, stock count procedures are complied with and assist in processing claims/recovery for stock losses.
- Oversee and ensure that all receiving paperwork is in order and match the quantity, type, size and style loaded
- Supervise correctness of cycle counts ensure physical inventory of all goods and materials is reconciled to Oracle
- Prepare monthly consolidated stock count reports, analyze variances and provide solution to variances identified.
- Ensure prompt processing of authorized Material requisition form received from internal/external clients
- Provide Logistics support to project managers and Site Build Contractors on achieving roll out target.
- Manage equipment warranty claim process
- Manage the utilization of OPEX budget for logistics department
- Oversee monthly logistics management report
- Ensure improved control through implementation of EAM/Fixed Assets/Logistics agreed PPPs
- Ensure accuracy and correctness of inventory Database
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First Degree in Accounting or a Finance related discipline
- ACA/ACCA is mandatory
- Fluent in English
- 6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Inventory Management; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working with an audit firm(preferably the Big 4: KPMG/Deloitte/PWC/Ernst & Young)
- Detailed working experience on Oracle Fusion
- Supply Chain Management experience will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2022 at 23:59.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online