Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager – Senior Manager, Financial Advisory
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Financial Advisory
- Our Financial Advisory professionals provide a comprehensive suite of strategic advice and execution services to clients ranging from Corporates, Private Equity firms, Venture Capital firms and other investors and lenders.
- Our public sector professionals assist government agencies and ministries who are implementing alternative service delivery models through public-private partnerships or privatizations.
- In addition, we have a number of specialist financing teams, working in conjunction with core industry groups, providing value-added solution to transactions with their specific areas of expertise.
Financial Advisory Services:
- We advise clients ranging from corporates, private equity and institutional investors to governments, management teams and individuals who are seeking to access new markets, assets, technologies, intellectual property or sources of finance.
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- We help clients develop strategies that align with their growth objectives.
- We also prepare them to thoroughly understand the market sector, screen targets and help set baselines for approaching the top prospects.
- We plan in advance for post-merger and workforce integration.
- Restructuring Services (RS) professionals in Deloitte specialize in providing in-depth business and financial advisory services to companies, their creditors, their equity holders, the legal community, bank syndicates, and other interested parties in both in-court and out-of-court restructuring.
- Our valuation team provide well-reasoned valuations and advice. Most importantly, we understand how to quantify and present valuation analyses and conclusions in concert with prevailing accounting, tax, and regulatory codes, for transaction, financing, litigation, strategic management, and compliance purposes
- We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals to join our Financial Advisory team.
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing engagements, providing exceptional high level leadership to the team and also providing business and industry thought leadership.
- Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a number of high-profile organizations and further develop their leadership abilities.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality Financial Advisory services
- Ensure our top clients get a consistent experience and the very best of Deloitte across the network
- Serve as a “go-to” internal leader to manage our clients and make strategic decisions
- Provide guidance on all areas of the project life cycle
- Manage client accounts, projects, and engagements, including work plans, staffing, deadlines, project financials and budgets throughout all lifecycle phases – strategy, goal setting, deliverables, and maintaining an integrated project plan
- Create presentations that effectively inform and influence client decisions and participate in the development of ways to meet client needs
- Act as role model, supervisor, coach, and mentor to Senior Consultants and Managers on projects
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives
- Develop timely resolutions to issues and risks
- Foster a spirit of collaboration among team members and maintain the highest technical and professional standard
- Generate new and add-on business opportunities, develop delivery methodologies and new service offerings
- Improve contracting, pricing, and mobility processes. Set business standards for managing regulatory related matters that may impact Deloitte and working cross- functionally to mitigate risks and manage outcomes
- Protect and enrich our brand through brand definition and promotion, while adopting global brand standards
- Undertake wider office activities, as determined by the Business Unit Leader (BUL).
- Possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc., B.A., etc.) in related discipline with second class upper.
- Masters / MBA will be an added advantage
- Qualified member of ICAN (or other recognized professional accounting body e.g. ICAEW, CPA, ACCA etc.), or passed CFA Level 3 examination.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Risk Management or related field from a reputable university will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 – 12 years’ relevant experience.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.