Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager / Senior Manager / Lead, Actuarial & Quantitative Solutions
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Team
- We are part of Deloitte’s worldwide actuarial network, which includes over 1000 actuarial professionals working in 43 countries. AQS is part of Deloitte’s Assurance & Advisory practice and provides a wide range of consulting services.
- Work in a fast growing, challenging and rewarding environment with practitioners who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise.
- Engage with clients by developing innovative solutions through R&D and discussion, both within our teams as well as with our clients. Work with high profile clients operating in the African and European space as well as within the broader insurance space.
- Are you an actuary looking for a new challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Do you want to work for the world’s largest professional services firm? Then look no further! Deloitte is looking for future opportunities.
- As a Manager or Senior Manager or overall lead in the Actuarial practice, you will be leading teams and engagements and contributing to market initiatives. You will:
- Support practice leaders by delivering Life and General business work on a wide range of consulting projects within actuarial, underwriting / claims and advanced analytics domains
- Lead engagement teams on projects including IFRS 17, advanced analytics, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), and actuarial transformation.
- Drive developments of new market offerings by contributing with innovative approaches
- Be expected to stay abreast of technical Life and general business industry developments like IFRS 17 and LICAT, etc. as well as broader industry developments in the fields such as InsurTech, Advanced Analytics, and Blockchain
- Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
- Authentically engage with our team of dynamic professional to develop, motivate and coach them to meet their goals
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
- Work with high profile clients operating in the Africa Life Insurance or General business space as well as within the broader insurance space. Opportunities to work on projects in Europe, and North America.
- Master’s / Bachelor’s Degree from a leading University in the fields Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Accounting or Data Science
- 5 plus years working experience in the industry within an insurance company, reinsurer, insurance broker or accounting / consulting firm
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- A Fellow or Associate of the Society of Actuaries or Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or equivalent. Relevant post-fellowship experience coupled with post-actuarial credentials like an MBA, CERA or CFA
- Technical experience with IFRS17 topics including PAA and GMA, assumptions, data requirements and financial statement/position presentation would be considered a strong asset
- (Advanced) Knowledge of actuarial software packages
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, Python, etc.) and visualization tools like Tableau an asset.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online